Bring back Catts.

Sadly mate it looks that way.
Taking a step back, why would two “businessmen” from Poxford buy a club with huge potential on the other side of the Country?
I’ve seen the anger from a majority within a 6,000 crowd or so, I can imagine similar feeling with a majority within a crowd of 30,000. It’s on the verge of frightening. The intimidation and toxic feeling inside and outside of a ground is certainly not something to look forward to.
Would be interesting from SD’s view looking back and in hindsight if he has regretted the decision? As you pointed out when you gamble you can win and you can lose. Football is always about poignant moments. As for Sunderland that last gasp Charlton goal has had a significant impact in your history.

I for one though want you to move forward, a wonderful club with wonderful “real” honest working class people. The Region is a place that I am very fond of and the NE clubs mean a lot to so many people, that is recognised from the fanbases.
Donald and Methven could do with a cultural football lesson. Methven summed it up in the STID program, where it was obvious he had no f***ing idea about the make up of the people and the region, no f***ing idea or respect.
Now for me coming up next season (I hope so) that will be the biggest impact before the game, the heritage, the culture and the people. I’m going to absolutely take it all in. No hollow words either, that I promise.
Well marra, there’s a pint on me should you be in the town before the game.

If it is true that we are paying a wage to Cattermole, then why not use him.He is a far more intelligent footballer than similar players in that position.We really missed him in the last campaign , apart from his usual role he even contributed to the goal tally.Put a young person next to him to do his running .What does everyone think.
hmmmm....

Cattermole was a great servant to the club. He developed as a player and demonstrated versatility I thought beyond him under Poyet for example.

The image of him near the end of the playoff final vs Charlton still haunts me though. He was completely spent as other players just waltzed past him with ease.

We need to move on with younger fitter players capable of providing energy for 90 minutes.
Catts was great but his time has gone.
He was like that for the last few months of the season. Ross hung him out to dry by asking him to do some form of box to box role. He simply didn’t have the mobility for it. Replacing him with someone more effective - in the role that Ross played him in at least - was a doddle. For a competent club at least.

If it is true that we are paying a wage to Cattermole, then why not use him.He is a far more intelligent footballer than similar players in that position.We really missed him in the last campaign , apart from his usual role he even contributed to the goal tally.Put a young person next to him to do his running .What does everyone think.
Bore off ya tit

Intelligent is a word I would never ever associate him with!

Don’t get the hyperbole on here with Catts and it’s definitely not reflective of the thoughts of people I know and attend with.

Aye, he was great at times and had some fantastic performances during our survivals. But, he was also literally involved in our worst periods over the last few years.

Bring him back for the dressing room? How was he so fantastic for the dressing room during our back-to-back relegations? Would also argue he took a ridiculous wage during his time here and his outputs didn’t warrant that.

Whacks his chest, shows some ‘grit’ and he’s lauded a hero. Maybe it’s indicative of the shit players we’ve been served up that he’s seen so highly.

Sadly mate it looks that way.
Taking a step back, why would two “businessmen” from Poxford buy a club with huge potential on the other side of the Country?
I’ve seen the anger from a majority within a 6,000 crowd or so, I can imagine similar feeling with a majority within a crowd of 30,000. It’s on the verge of frightening. The intimidation and toxic feeling inside and outside of a ground is certainly not something to look forward to.
Would be interesting from SD’s view looking back and in hindsight if he has regretted the decision? As you pointed out when you gamble you can win and you can lose. Football is always about poignant moments. As for Sunderland that last gasp Charlton goal has had a significant impact in your history.

I for one though want you to move forward, a wonderful club with wonderful “real” honest working class people. The Region is a place that I am very fond of and the NE clubs mean a lot to so many people, that is recognised from the fanbases.
Donald and Methven could do with a cultural football lesson. Methven summed it up in the STID program, where it was obvious he had no f***ing idea about the make up of the people and the region, no f***ing idea or respect.
Now for me coming up next season (I hope so) that will be the biggest impact before the game, the heritage, the culture and the people. I’m going to absolutely take it all in. No hollow words either, that I promise.
We have history with Swindon in 1990. Sunderland lost at Wembley playoff BUT the tax man demoted Swindon and Sunderland were promoted . The Mags were fuming because they finished higher in the league. What a day !!! See you up here next year Swindon a good club .

Back