Bring back Catts.

Blyth Reds

Full Back
If it is true that we are paying a wage to Cattermole, then why not use him.He is a far more intelligent footballer than similar players in that position.We really missed him in the last campaign , apart from his usual role he even contributed to the goal tally.Put a young person next to him to do his running .What does everyone think.

If it is true that we are paying a wage to Cattermole, then why not use him.He is a far more intelligent footballer than similar players in that position.We really missed him in the last campaign , apart from his usual role he even contributed to the goal tally.Put a young person next to him to do his running .What does everyone think.

Only my opinion but you need a completely fresh start.
Plenty of decent players out there if you have a plan to what you want.

Only my opinion but you need a completely fresh start.
Plenty of decent players out there if you have a plan to what you want.

Do you think these chancers in charge have a plan? The only plan they had was get us promoted first season in charge and sell us for a tidy profit. There was no other thinking. No plan B. No long term vision for the club. It was a cash grab that failed.

Do you think these chancers in charge have a plan? The only plan they had was get us promoted first season in charge and sell us for a tidy profit. There was no other thinking. No plan B. No long term vision for the club. It was a cash grab that failed.

Sadly mate it looks that way.
Taking a step back, why would two “businessmen” from Poxford buy a club with huge potential on the other side of the Country?
I’ve seen the anger from a majority within a 6,000 crowd or so, I can imagine similar feeling with a majority within a crowd of 30,000. It’s on the verge of frightening. The intimidation and toxic feeling inside and outside of a ground is certainly not something to look forward to.
Would be interesting from SD’s view looking back and in hindsight if he has regretted the decision? As you pointed out when you gamble you can win and you can lose. Football is always about poignant moments. As for Sunderland that last gasp Charlton goal has had a significant impact in your history.

I for one though want you to move forward, a wonderful club with wonderful “real” honest working class people. The Region is a place that I am very fond of and the NE clubs mean a lot to so many people, that is recognised from the fanbases.
Donald and Methven could do with a cultural football lesson. Methven summed it up in the STID program, where it was obvious he had no f***ing idea about the make up of the people and the region, no f***ing idea or respect.
Now for me coming up next season (I hope so) that will be the biggest impact before the game, the heritage, the culture and the people. I’m going to absolutely take it all in. No hollow words either, that I promise.

If we are still paying him ( yawn! ) then get him back to pick the litter up off the pitch during the games.
Oh hang on , he’s not quick enough to catch a crisp packet . Forget that one.
Let’s just move one from serial failure .

Correct 100%, Donald can deny it as much as he wants but it’s obvious that he saw an opportunity to make money and it came unstuck.

We could use him in the dressing room / as a sub option potentially like, especially if we are already paying him.

IF we were still paying him in full then there would have been no reason to release him (nor would he have been able to sign for another team)
so I reckon we came to a compromise on his remaining contract and paid him off
Correct. There was an agreement on the remaining part of his contract.

Cattermole was a great servant to the club. He developed as a player and demonstrated versatility I thought beyond him under Poyet for example.

The image of him near the end of the playoff final vs Charlton still haunts me though. He was completely spent as other players just waltzed past him with ease.

We need to move on with younger fitter players capable of providing energy for 90 minutes.
Catts was great but his time has gone.

IF we were still paying him in full then there would have been no reason to release him (nor would he have been able to sign for another team)
so I reckon we came to a compromise on his remaining contract and paid him off

People have been saying that we let him go and the agreement reached was that he'd accept getting half the money over twice the period. So he still ends up paid in full but it spreads the cost for the club, and he benefited from being able to play, and get paid on top, somewhere else. No idea how true is is mind

I believe that his contract came to an end on June 30?
Nope. He signed a five year extension in 2015 but his previous contract would have expired in 2016. 2016+5 years = 2021.
If SAFC are subsidising his wages with his new Dutch club then it will cover next season as well.

Last edited:

Back