Bring back Catts.

Nope. He signed a five year extension in 2015 but his previous contract would have expired in 2016. 2016+5 years = 2021.
If SAFC are subsidising his wages with his new Dutch club then it will cover next season as well.
Ah. I see. Standard bit of business!

Ah. I see. Standard bit of business!
IIRC Sunderland’s CEO at the time was Maggie Byrne who signed off on this unusual length of contract.

By a strange coincidence after leaving SAFC she became a football agent and Cattermole became one of her clients. đź‘€

IF we were still paying him in full then there would have been no reason to release him (nor would he have been able to sign for another team)
so I reckon we came to a compromise on his remaining contract and paid him off
Readingg between the lines, i would have thought that the deal would involve paying off the remaining year of his contract over a longer period of time, but he's not going to come back and play for, as he woild see it, "free."

If it is true that we are paying a wage to Cattermole, then why not use him.He is a far more intelligent footballer than similar players in that position.We really missed him in the last campaign , apart from his usual role he even contributed to the goal tally.Put a young person next to him to do his running .What does everyone think.

There's an argument to say he'd instantly become our best midfielder if resigned.

That in itself is the most damning indictment of this ownership and recruitment team.

Readingg between the lines, i would have thought that the deal would involve paying off the remaining year of his contract over a longer period of time, but he's not going to come back and play for, as he woild see it, "free."

We agreed a deal to terminate his contract, so whether or not we're still paying him and how much, is completely irrelevant because he's no longer under contract to the club, so he's a free agent.

We agreed a deal to terminate his contract, so whether or not we're still paying him and how much, is completely irrelevant because he's no longer under contract to the club, so he's a free agent.
True, but he certainly isn't going to c9me back and play for us for the monsy that we are paying him in order to terminate his last contract.

If it is true that we are paying a wage to Cattermole, then why not use him.He is a far more intelligent footballer than similar players in that position.We really missed him in the last campaign , apart from his usual role he even contributed to the goal tally.Put a young person next to him to do his running .What does everyone think.
Bring him back

f***ing hell.

Not this again.

Why do people have to keep bringing up this knacker's name.

Things are bad enough already without being reminded of him.

FFS.

f***ing hell.

Not this again.

Why do people have to keep bringing up this knacker's name.

Things are bad enough already without being reminded of him.

FFS.
Maybe people like to remember all the prem years,and someone who destroyed every mag midfielder in the record 6 in a row.

.. Thought they'd got rid of Samson & Delilah for a moment there..

Back