Brian Eno

Like a lot of people who are not appreciated a good sign of their relative worth can be found by their longevity and the artists who have worked with them.

Eno has been involved with some of the most influential / popular music from the past 50 years. He also gets a fair amount of credit for popularising ambient music.

However, when you read about his involvement it never seems quite clear what he actually does, even when people are singing his praises. A mate also reckons that he came up with ambient stuff because he can't actually play any tunes. :lol:

Is he actually a creative genius or a bit of a chancer who manages to get in the right place at the right time?
I’m not sure why you’re focusing on Eno. Yes he did create and develop Ambient music. He’s been a collaborator with some of the most creative artists in music.
There’s plenty of others l would question their musical creativity but Eno certainly isn’t one of them.

I’m not sure why you’re focusing on Eno. Yes he did create and develop Ambient music. He’s been a collaborator with some of the most creative artists in music.
There’s plenty of others l would question their musical creativity but Eno certainly isn’t one of them.
Genius.
Struggle to see why it's even in question tbh.
Just interested on other peoples opinions.

Just don't get it with him..he's got this almost mythical status but his own stuff that i've heard is absolute shite.
Try listening to “Here come the warm jets” and “Another Green World” which are fantastic albums.
Roxy Music could not have made the seminal “ For Your Pleasure” as good as it was without his input. His treatments in songs like “ The Bogus Man” blew me away.

Back