Brian Eno

I don't think he does much of that, he is more about coming up with ideas. Most of the knob twiddling will be done by others. I like the fact that so many people have trusted that they're paying money for a unique creative mind.
Well, I was just being a bit facetious.
Just remember him with Roxy early on that’s what he seemed to be doing.
I’m sure he is a clever twat.

He nearly deleted the tapes of The Streets have no Name when U2 were struggling to get it down on tape.

He had to be restrained by Flood who has gone on to great success in his own right.

Brian has been involved in lots of great music - maybe he just makes a cracking cup of coffee.

He famously wrote the Windows 95 startup sound.

If he had deleted Streets Have No Name it would have been a service to humanity.
Absolute 💩

Used to see him mooching round NHG a lot. Used to buy fruit from the stall by the Prince Albert just round the corner from NHG tube station.

Collaboration with David Byrne. Bloody good album imo.

I travelled South America recording different sounds
I danced within an elven ring of quicksilver delight
Highly influential documentary guaranteed
Who put the ‘con’ in concept?
It was me with my Eno – Eno collaboration
All across the nation
As sure as night follows day

I know Bono and he knows Ono and she knows Eno’s phone goes thus:
“Brian’s not at home, he’s at the North Pole
but if you’d like to leave a weird noise”

If he had deleted Streets Have No Name it would have been a service to humanity.
Absolute 💩
Brian is credited on Streets as playing synth.

You may not like it but it was, with Eno's contribution, a massive hit around the world and has earned U2 millions.

Eno has been involved with some of the most influential / popular music from the past 50 years. He also gets a fair amount of credit for popularising ambient music.

However, when you read about his involvement it never seems quite clear what he actually does, even when people are singing his praises. A mate also reckons that he came up with ambient stuff because he can't actually play any tunes. :lol:

Is he actually a creative genius or a bit of a chancer who manages to get in the right place at the right time?
In my experience, there’s often a fairly thin dividing line between being a successful chancer and a creative genius.

Back