Brian Clough dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in Peace Brian, condolences to your family and thanks for lots of great memories. There will never be another player or manager to match you.

RIP to a legend of our time.

Glad that he can be associated with our football club even though his career was cruelly cut short in its prime.

Went on to prove to the world what a legend he was. From the backstreets of Middlesbrough to the Legends of this World via Sunderland, Hartlepool, Derby, Leeds, Brighton and of course his pinacle at Nottingham.

Sadly missed as the world and particularly football is badly in need of people with his charachter and abilities as a man.

Just seems like yesterday he was signing copies of his book in the Bridges and then bizzarely heard him in fine spirits the other day on the radio. One of football's genuine characters, love him or hate him he just had to be listened to. R.I.P.

Such sad news. RIP.

Brian Clough's family own a newsagent here in West Bridgford and he was often in the shop. He was there quite recently and seemed incredibly bright and happy which makes today's news even more shocking.

My youngest son has no real concept of the fact that a couple of years ago an utter football legend gave him a Teletubbies comic for being brave when he was curled up in his pushchair struggling with tonsilitis. It's in his box of special stuff for me to give him and tell him about when he's older.

Undying respect.

A sad day, a great man and a huge loss to football.

He wasn't the best manager in the world, but he was in the top one.

A bloke who knew what he was about and didn't take any crap.

Truly one of the best strikers in the game, and one of the best managers.

Another link to the time when football was a sport for the masses is gone.

RIP Brian.

I had the pleasure of seeing Cloughy play but also the displeasure of attending that dreadful day that ended his career.

God bless THE Sunderland Legend.Only wish that the board would have had the guts to give him the managers job.

It was said on radio today that 2 of his kids were born in Sunderland and that it was the happuest time of his life and that Sunderland fans were the best he had every played in front of.

R.I.P Legend.Football has lost a great one

A truly unique man who believed in his own ability to the point of arrogance. A legend throughut the world of football, and a man who leaves this world a poorer place for his passing

RIP Old Big 'Ead

:cry:

Whenever I look at the records and see Derby County as League Champions and Forest as European Cup Winners I think that it should be us there. The lack of judgment and foresight of the men who ran our club in the 1960s whose failure to give Clough any kind of major role at Sunderland was probably the biggest mistake ever in our history. That decision or lack of it puts everything else which has happened in the shade.

R.I.P.

i have throughout the day been reading the forest & derby rivals message board.

what a legend football has lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back