Brewing under licence

The Yeastie Boys stuff that BrewDog do manages to have the same weird aftertaste that all the BrewDog beers do so I reckon it definitely makes a difference.

Becks is noticeably different in this country but it's a lower ABV I think.

I've just noticed that Heineken now have a £40 million stake in Beavertown. Hope this doesnt mean they are going to ruin what are some cracking beers.

I can tell the difference , especially when they change the abv. Stella was ruined by moving production here. Looks like I’ll have to give Moretti a swerve now too.

You obviously can’t tell the difference!

Beer snobs are out in force.

Same. Surely if it’s brewed in the same way using the same products it’s the same beer...
The difference usually is the ingredients ,particularly the water and it's mineral content.

Oh dear ,I was slow off rye mark there .....should have pressed send earlier.

Last edited:
I think Moretti's poo.
Facts. You would think there'll be a few barrels in a wagon waging it's way there.
Nailed on. Just depends when it arrives.

Just my opinion based on my visits there the beer very gassy little choice in most establishments, the wine not the expensive type is drinkable, not the best prefer French, Spanish and new world wines at the average price range. All wine producing country produce good wine Italy included, only drink it with a meal on a night only ever been to north and central Italy so can't comment on the southern regions
It's my favourite country in the world, for the scenery, lifestyle, architecture, food and the f***ing top drawer wine. :lol:

Last edited:
Honestly if you can't tell the difference between original 5.2%stella and they 4.8 the make now .... . Wow

The old one was better, no doubt. Aside from the abv there could have been all sorts of cost cutting and intentionally changing the taste to what they thought will sell better. It’s impossible to say for sure if making it here was a bad thing. In any case Stella is mass produced cheapo lager even in Belgium so it’s not the best example to use.

I've just noticed that Heineken now have a £40 million stake in Beavertown. Hope this doesnt mean they are going to ruin what are some cracking beers.

They'll just focus on flogging that core of drinks in every bar and supermarket in the land (neck oil, gamma ray and maybe bloody ell).

Sounds like they want to keep their Tempus project at Tottenham Hale where they do collabs and one off experimental brews so I'm happy enough with that.

Sam Adams lager was great when it was imported. Bag of wank now it’s brewed in the UK.

When did this happen? I’ve noticed the last few times I’ve bought a few bottles that it doesn’t taste as good as it once did and as good as it does over in th US, so that could explain it if it’s a fairly recent thing. I don’t even like the new label as much either.

The Yeastie Boys stuff that BrewDog do manages to have the same weird aftertaste that all the BrewDog beers do so I reckon it definitely makes a difference.

Becks is noticeably different in this country but it's a lower ABV I think.
Brewdog don’t make yeastie boys beers anymore, do you still notice that aftertaste?

Back