Brendan Rodgers?

Not calling him a liar marra. I have a lot of time for MON.
Just saying he lacked the belief in his own abilities. When Fergy falsely retired, he was absolutely at the front of the queue for that job, and Liverpool was mentioned on more than one occasion, but he took the easy option, and went to Celtic mid season iirc.
He had the opportunity to manage a huge club, and went to join a 2 horse race instead. He never hit the heights in England that maybe he should have is all I'm saying.
I get all of that mate and if he had the chance to follow Fergie at that time he should have done , that’s not just another job it was THE job .
He should have backed himself if that was the case but I think one of his big strengths was getting the best out of sow’s ears ( a la Cloughje) which is a different skill set to whats needed at Man Utd or Liverpool.

I get all of that mate and if he had the chance to follow Fergie at that time he should have done , that’s not just another job it was THE job .
He should have backed himself if that was the case but I think one of his big strengths was getting the best out of sow’s ears ( a la Cloughje) which is a different skill set to whats needed at Man Utd or Liverpool.
he didnt have the chance..he was linked with it at the time fergie said he would retire but then fergie changed his maind..by the time fergie actually retired the ship had sailed for o neill i suspect..

With Rangers overtaking Celtic, and now widening the gap to five points, is Brendan Rodgers under the pump at Parkhead? IF he were to get the arse, is it feasible that SAFC could get him as manager? OR is that the stuff of fantasy/delusion??

Asking for a friend ;)
We cannot afford him....He wouldnt want to come under our present set up ....nobody decent would!!!!!!!!! were doomed to treading water for years and our only hope will be luck!and thats not a way to run a football club!

he didnt have the chance..he was linked with it at the time fergie said he would retire but then fergie changed his maind..by the time fergie actually retired the ship had sailed for o neill i suspect..
He went to Scotland before Fergy changed his mind marra. Job was all but his if he wanted it
Very fair assessment that marra.

Last edited:
He went to Scotland before Fergy changed his mind marra. Job was all but his if he wanted it

Very fair assessment that marra.
he was very keen on the job when fergie announced his retirement..he would have taken it...he is on the record as saying fergie persuaded him to take the celtic job (fergie is good mates with celtic shareholder demrot desmond-desmond asled fergue for a manager recommendaion-fergie recommended o neil) o neil was reluctant to go to scotland initially but gergie told him it would be in his interests to take it and help his future job prospects no end..

He's getting grief from women's groups for saying 'good girl' to a female reporter.
Haven't read the whole thread so someone else might of highlighted.

He didn't say good girl. He said you done good, girl. Referring to the fact that she had just given him a good grilling with some tricky questions in a post match interview.

Apparently she is completely unoffended but others are on her behalf.
Rather have Ginger
By that do you mean Neil Lennon?

Last edited:

He didn't say good girl. He said you done good, girl. Referring to the fact that she had just given him a good grilling with some tricky questions in a post match interview.

We have to be offended by it.
FFS she asked him about the same 4 or 5 times, he said he was not adding to the comments so ended the interview.
Lets all get upset even though the lass wasn't.
Ooopps I mean girl.
No, lets get it right, the interviewer wasn't upset.

He didn't say how you've interpreted it.

He either said "done? good girl" or "done, good girl"

The footage has been released by the BBC

The question mark or comma is important and blatant if you listen to it

It wasn't intended as a compliment as the lack of a pause could be construed

Man's an arrogant nasty arsehole. Always has been

He didn't say how you've interpreted it.

He either said "done? good girl" or "done, good girl"

The footage has been released by the BBC

The question mark or comma is important and blatant if you listen to it

It wasn't intended as a compliment as the lack of a pause could be construed

Man's an arrogant nasty arsehole. Always has been
I only listened to the interview once and then BBC Scotland discussing it. Obviously intent and purpose all have to be factored in, however Jane Lewis herself has said she didn't believe offence was meant and it certainly wasn't taken, by her anyway.

Just as an aside, I also think Brendan Rodgers is an arsehole of the highest order and bloody hell he thinks something of himself doesn't he.

I think Celtic were crazy stupid to re-hire him especially after the way he walked away from the club.

With Rangers overtaking Celtic, and now widening the gap to five points, is Brendan Rodgers under the pump at Parkhead? IF he were to get the arse, is it feasible that SAFC could get him as manager? OR is that the stuff of fantasy/delusion??

Asking for a friend ;)
Rodgers would be a good appointment but not going to pay the his wages to high for KLD not a yes man for Speakman

An as expected response from the dinosaur forum

If an old man said good girl to my teenage daughter I'd take exception

If an old man said good lad to me, I'd take exception

It's patronising and very much intended to be so
I am in my 60s and sometimes get called good lad by blokes in their 80s, if you take exception with that, daily life must be a challenge.

Back