Brendan Rodgers?

Answers:
Q1: No
Q2: I'm not
Q3: You've lost me. I don't recall implying such a belief . I think you are clutching at hypothetical straws

But to avoid ambiguity: I would emphasise that using terminology like.... "Good girl", "old man" etc can be both offensive and condescending.
In answer to your point about ...shaping society and culture (only because you have raised it and we seem to be drifting off the point of BR and your hypothetical old man) all I would say is that society and culture is shaped and influenced by strong intergenerational relationships based on mutual respect and understanding.
Can't argue with that then. Good post in all fairness

I was curious to see who I could push into:

"you can't say anything these days" /
"I call women good girls all the time and they love it" /
"I wouldn't be offended if someone called me a good boy"

Cos there'll be a hardcore on here would say such things

And 50s is old. Just face it šŸ˜…

Not an elite coach but Iā€™ve always rated him. Heā€™d entertain the idea of coming to us the way weā€™re run at the moment.
Came once before and failed, and I soooo wanted him to do well. A good man.

Like him a lot, but he never quite fulfilled his potential as a manager imo.
MON I mean, not Rogers.

Last edited:
An as expected response from the dinosaur forum

If an old man said good girl to my teenage daughter I'd take exception

If an old man said good lad to me, I'd take exception

It's patronising and very much intended to be so
You'll hear worse than that at the bar in the five quarter on a Monday afternoon šŸ˜‚

MON took a Celtic side "he inherited "your words, to a second rate European final. Ffs, Celtic simply have to get through a season to qualify.

He got the Villa job yes, but prior to going to Scotland he was being touted for Liverpool man. And he legged it.
touted just means "someone said it"..it has no value as evidence..o neill was an owner of celtic and a supporter-both of which might explain why he went there..
the team he took over hadnt wont the league in either of the two prior seasons before he came in..he won the treble in his first season..he then took them to a europa league final and increased his ownership stake in the club..

he might well have got the man utd job if fergie hadv retired as intended the first time around..

touted just means "someone said it"..it has no value as evidence..o neill was an owner of celtic and a supporter-both of which might explain why he went there..
the team he took over hadnt wont the league in either of the two prior seasons before he came in..he won the treble in his first season..he then took them to a europa league final and increased his ownership stake in the club..

he might well have got the man utd job if fergie hadv retired as intended the first time around..
Thats when he ran away, when the threat of a really big job in England came up.

And trophies in Jockland , as you have agreed, just dont count man.
You get a trophy just for being the Celtic or Rangers manager man.

Thats when he ran away, when the threat of a really big job in England came up.

And trophies in Jockland , as you have agreed, just dont count man.
You get a trophy just for being the Celtic or Rangers manager man.
mowbray got no trophy as celtic manager..
o neil didnt run away..he came down to england to manage a team to 6th in the premier league and a cup final..

he stayed at celtic as long as he did because by the end he was a very substantial shareholder in the club and had an investment to protect...
when linked with man utd job..celtic made clear o neill spent Ā£2mn of his own money on buying celtic shares..why work for someone else when you can run your own business?

o neil didnt run away..he came down to england to manage a team to 6th in the premier league and a cup final..

he stayed at celtic as long as he did because by the end he was a very substantial shareholder in the club and had an investment to protect...
when linked with man utd job..celtic made clear o neill spent Ā£2mn of his own money on buying celtic shares..why work for someone else when you can run your own business?
Wtf has Mogga got to do with this?

MON bottled taking a really big job in this country, and ran away when one was threatened to come his way.

He came back to Villa. Hardly gargantuan in the English game.

6th in the league and lost a cup final. So won nowt then?

And then you compound that, by informing us that he effectively bought the job in Scotland anyway!!!!!

Not going well this, is it mate?šŸ¤£

Martin Oā€™Neill the man ,Martin Oā€™Neill the manager forever loved by everybody at Leicester.
Brendan Rodgers the total opposite.
Pity it didnā€™t work out like it should have done for MON at SAFC
All about timing I think and we got him on the up.

Martin Oā€™Neill the man ,Martin Oā€™Neill the manager forever loved by everybody at Leicester.
Brendan Rodgers the total opposite.
Pity it didnā€™t work out like it should have done for MON at SAFC
All about timing I think and we got him on the up.
Think we got MON when he was on the way down marra.

Wtf has Mogga got to do with this?

MON bottled taking a really big job in this country, and ran away when one was threatened to come his way.

He came back to Villa. Hardly gargantuan in the English game.

6th in the league and lost a cup final. So won nowt then?

And then you compound that, by informing us that he effectively bought the job in Scotland anyway!!!!!

Not going well this, is it mate?šŸ¤£
bought the job?
other way around..he got the job then bought the shares...
the idea that a manager with his profile needed to buy into a club to get a job is hillarious..that 6th place finosh was villas highest for a long time. and in fact they havent finished higher than that since he left -though likely will this seasons..that cup final was their forst for a decade (they might have had one since...and i think they "won" the intertot cup under him..if that counts as a trophy..

bought the job?
other way around..he got the job then bought the shares...
the idea that a manager with his profile needed to buy into a club to get a job is hillarious..that 6th place finosh was villas highest for a long time. and in fact they havent finished higher than that since he left -though likely will this seasons..that cup final was their forst for a decade (they might have had one since...and i think they "won" the intertot cup under him..if that counts as a trophy..
Ffs man, Malcolm Crosby lost a cup final with us man, and that was our first in 2 decades!!!

Is that the measure of success, losing a cup final?

Last edited:
Think we got MON when he was on the way down marra.
I donā€™t think MON is a liar.
Call it lack of ambition (most would) but he has said more than once that he wouldnā€™t have left Leicester for any other job than Celtic.
He turned Leeds down in 97/98 which pissed all my mates off ( I live there)
Loved how indignant and offended they were at the temerity of it šŸ™„šŸ¤£

I donā€™t think MON is a liar.
Call it lack of ambition (most would) but he has said more than once that he wouldnā€™t have left Leicester for any other job than Celtic.
He turned Leeds down in 97/98 which pissed all my mates off ( I live there)
Loved how indignant and offended they were at the temerity of it šŸ™„šŸ¤£
Not calling him a liar marra. I have a lot of time for MON.
Just saying he lacked the belief in his own abilities. When Fergy falsely retired, he was absolutely at the front of the queue for that job, and Liverpool was mentioned on more than one occasion, but he took the easy option, and went to Celtic mid season iirc.
He had the opportunity to manage a huge club, and went to join a 2 horse race instead. He never hit the heights in England that maybe he should have is all I'm saying.

Back