Boy starves alongside dad who'd died of heart attack

Totally agree but in this instance social services and the police attended the property

And figured a knock on the door was as far as their duty extended

How do they sign a call like that off off? We knocked but no one answered, no further action
How did the Social Worker take no further action? After the first visit and attempts to locate the child at other addresses they contacted the Police to carry out a safe & well check. Having had no response they visited again and again contacted Police. A third visit was made and they then tracked down keys to get in themselves.

In all of this time where was the Mother?
It really is, skanks like that shouldn’t be allowed to breed.
My mrs has worked in Children's Services over twenty years and she still says this is the only answer for some family groups. It's grim.what she has to deal with.

Last edited:

How did the Social Worker take no further action? After the first visit and attempts to locate the child at other addresses they contacted the Police to carry out a safe & well check. Having had no response they visited again and again contacted Police. A third visit was made and they then tracked down keys to get in themselves.

My mrs has worked in Children's Services over twenty years and she still says this is the only answer for some family groups. It's grim.what she has to deal with.
You see it time and time again generations of families, breeding, not working. Dragging the poor kids up.

The mother? Probably not giving a shit
But they knew that. I imagine the social worker followed procedure. The police not so much?

Minimising agency failings while looking for the mothers Facebook profile is classic SMB territory mind

A child has starved to death in Britain in 2024. Let's see if we can look at the mam's social media profiles so we can witter on about shit parenting

Like that poor lass who went in the river and the SMB sleuths then led the investigation

But they knew that. I imagine the social worker followed procedure. The police not so much?

Minimising agency failings while looking for the mothers Facebook profile is classic SMB territory mind

A child has starved to death in Britain in 2024. Let's see if we can look at the mam's social media profiles so we can witter on about shit parenting

Like that poor lass who went in the river and the SMB sleuths then led the investigation
I've been nowhere near the Mother's Facebook page but have mentioned her as she is the one being quoted in press reports as criticising the Social Workers. Yes there has to be an investigation to understand why the Police didn't follow up the call but the biggest failing here is the Mother not taking an active role in the welfare of her son.

Yes I’ve looked at the Mothers Facebook page and yes I’ve judged her.

I’m a Mam myself, my sons welfare is not the responsibility of Social Services it’s mine and his Dad’s. I’ve struggled with health in the past but I’ve never not checked on my kids for 2 weeks.

I’m certainly not social services biggest fan, but as a parent you’ve got to accept some responsibility.

Yes I’ve looked at the Mothers Facebook page and yes I’ve judged her.

I’m a Mam myself, my sons welfare is not the responsibility of Social Services it’s mine and his Dad’s. I’ve struggled with health in the past but I’ve never not checked on my kids for 2 weeks.

I’m certainly not social services biggest fan, but as a parent you’ve got to accept some responsibility.
Sure do. But for those who won't/can't there has to be an effective safety net

As for browsing FB pages that doesn't achieve anything except to satisfy yourself you've judged someone

So be it if you get satisfaction /morbid curiosity from it

The police I believe have referred themselves to the watchdog. Seems like an incredible failure on their part.

As for the poor lad. It doesn't bear thinking about what he went through.

And rightly so. Something massively gone wrong here. However focus should be on what has massively gone wrong for year beforehand that ended up requiring police to bosh the door in. If that was all social services require, could fire not have been contacted. Ambulance services do this all the time as well

It needs an inquiry of course. But on what we know I'm not sure the social worker has done much wrong. She has contacted police which is probably the protocol.
I'm sure it will depend on the individual case surely as to whether missing an appointment is an immediate red flag that would require someone to break down the doors. There must be hundreds of appointments missed across the country every week.

It seems the boy had a very loving father who has taken the kid on by himself as assume the mother isn't fit to be one. Not contacting her child for that long especially over Xmas tell you everything. She may of course have mental health issues. f***ing tragic and it's really making me feel sick.

A typical statists response. First and foremost, it's the parents responsibility to look after a child. Not the police, nor social services.

I cannot understand how any parent can go so long without even making sure their child is alright.

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever read, can’t stop thinking about it.

What I can’t get my head round is why the mother who claims she had argued with the boys Dad went 2 weeks without checking on her son. Especially over Christmas. My son sleeps at his Dads one night at week and sometimes I message just asking how he is as I miss him so much.
This is what I thought

Sad .. very sad

A typical statists response. First and foremost, it's the parents responsibility to look after a child. Not the police, nor social services.

I cannot understand how any parent can go so long without even making sure their child is alright.
You appear not to understand how some people are

Whatever a statists reply is....

It's a fact of life sadly

Preaching on a message board that shitty parents should be forced to be class parents and the kids left to it just ain't gonna work

If that's all it takes the country could cut social services to the bone and only be funded to deliver a rudimentary service....oh wait

You appear not to understand how some people are

Whatever a statists reply is....

It's a fact of life sadly

Preaching on a message board that shitty parents should be forced to be class parents and the kids left to it just ain't gonna work

If that's all it takes the country could cut social services to the bone and only be funded to deliver a rudimentary service....oh wait
I understand quite nicely how people are. I'm related to a f***ing ignorant woman who's parents took legal guardianship of two of her kids and all she was bothered about was losing her benefits, and I think it's criminal that people like that continue to have children when so many potentially excellent parents can't. Yes, it's a fact of life, but I don't have to just shrug and say what can you do whilst some failure of a mother points her fingers everywhere else instead of accepting even a modicum of responsibility for the life she brought into the world.

Sure do. But for those who won't/can't there has to be an effective safety net

As for browsing FB pages that doesn't achieve anything except to satisfy yourself you've judged someone

So be it if you get satisfaction /morbid curiosity from it
The safety net there is, the child is taken from them and placed in care.

I understand quite nicely how people are. I'm related to a f***ing ignorant woman who's parents took legal guardianship of two of her kids and all she was bothered about was losing her benefits, and I think it's criminal that people like that continue to have children when so many potentially excellent parents can't. Yes, it's a fact of life, but I don't have to just shrug and say what can you do whilst some failure of a mother points her fingers everywhere else instead of accepting even a modicum of responsibility for the life she brought into the world.
Sorry about your situation mate. Can understand the anger towards people like that

I just don't get the SMB preachers who don't seem to have set foot in the absolute state this country is in for decades

Clearly she didn't have custody for good reason

The police still appear to have failed the little lad

Just can't fathom how a welfare check involving a toddler is concluded with "they'll be alright man, let's hope for the best and move on"

Social services and the family should've done something about a child living solely with a 60yr old who had already had a heart attack.

Sorry about your situation mate. Can understand the anger towards people like that

I just don't get the SMB preachers who don't seem to have set foot in the absolute state this country is in for decades

Clearly she didn't have custody for good reason

Just can't fathom how a welfare check involving a toddler is concluded with "they'll be alright man, let's hope for the best and move on"
Absolutely, we agree there, and whoever we point the finger at, he's the victim in all this.

Well it depends entirely on what they were told by social services . It certainly is not the responsibility of the police to do social services job for them unless the boy was reported missing. Clearly the social worker didn't feel there was that much risk in the situation if they only attended 7 days later

"Two inches too small' to open fridge full of leftovers that 'could have saved him"​

The most heartbreaking headline you could ever read. It's incredibly upsetting to read about the suffering this poor boy endured, how anyone could do that to a child is unbelievable.
Sorry but who are you implying did what to the kid? Did the dad have a heart attack on purpose? Did the social worker see him inside and choose not to enter? Did someone stop the kid growing 2 more inches?

Only person who didn't do anything here was the mother herself. But tbf we don't know the custody arrangements and she could be on a no-contact getting treatment for all we know.

Sounds like a very unfortunate event and nothing more. The implication you are making that it is someones fault isn't necessary nor fair.
The police I believe have referred themselves to the watchdog. Seems like an incredible failure on their part.

As for the poor lad. It doesn't bear thinking about what he went through.
What do you want the police to do? Kick down every door everytime someone doesn't attend a social workers routine visit?

Last edited:
Sorry but who are you implying did what to the kid? Did the dad have a heart attack on purpose? Did the social worker see him inside and choose not to enter? Did someone stop the kid growing 2 more inches?

Only person who didn't do anything here was the mother herself. But tbf we don't know the custody arrangements and she could be on a no-contact getting treatment for all we know.

Sounds like a very unfortunate event and nothing more. The implication you are making that it is someones fault isn't necessary nor fair.

What do you want the police to do? Kick down every door everytime someone doesn't attend a social workers routine visit?
If a child is potentially at risk then aye.

Such a sad story.

A dad who passes away whilst living on his own and a 2 year old who is basically abandoned and so seeks comfort from his recently deceased dad.

Horrendous really, the mother has a lot to answer for.

RIP both father and son.

Back