bowel cancer screening

Cheers. Dunno why posting stuff like that seems to help, but it does (at least for me).

I think it was worse as I'd just started a new job, and thought "better get this seen just in case", then about 2 weeks later a member of my new team fell ill and found he had bowel cancer and had an emergency op and then he's been on cheamo ever since.
So it shits you up a bit.
(He's doing really well from what I hear, thankfully. Another young man with young kids. Its the kids thing that terrifies me if that makes sense.)
That's just bad circumstantial timing but it gave an insight into why anyone should have the checks. And posting something like this will help because others can respond with what they know on the subject because a scan isn't anywhere as bad as it's perceived and if it comes up with something treatment can be started early
A required 24 hour fast culminating in an enema would indicate Id not have had my dinner beforehand. I may, however be a bit peckish afterward, so, for that reason, I’ll decline the home movie.
I can't remember if I was offered the footage to take home, I might chase it up. :lol: That's just reminded me about the enema & my morning near the toilet :eek:

Last edited:
Sent off my two poo samples this morning, it's something I now do every six months.

Made my tissue hammock and held it rigid waiting for the package and for some reason it delivered at a right angle delivering most onto my wrist!!

Getting old just sucks!
I just put some bog roll on my hand and did a cack right in me hand :lol:

Back