Boss's message to person whose house is on fire.

But... The text above may not have been perfect but he was hardly saying you must come to work, regardless if your house is burning down otherwise you’re out of a job. He said “business as usual here, everyone else is coming in so you should too”.
Eh? :lol:

Perhaps @The Lonious Monk will have a motherfucking perspective?

Q: Is there an expectation that employees in that America fight fires at their homes in their own time and otherwise provide service excellence to customers regardless of selfish personal need like rescuing pets, children and spouses from burning buildings?
Added to that where the fuck are they going to sleep for the foreseeable future?
In my opinion the boss is clueless. Our Santa Monica branch was closed when the fires started last week and have remained closed even though there is no imminent threat to that office. The office will remain closed until after Thanksgiving.

It could be that the boss was not aware of how serious the fires actually were or how bad the situation was at the time he sent the text. I would be surprised if he didn't change his mind and attitude by now.

People buy into the rhetoric, thinking that others are getting something for nothing or living a life of luxury at their expense. Classic divide and conquer. Truth of it is that the gap between rich and poor grows greater and greater. It is OK though because many of the people needing food banks are also in work, which means everything is hunky dory.
I surprised the Tories have not encouraged the return of Victorian Workhouses like they welcome Food Banks?

Back