Boro and wycombe suing Derby County

FFP doesn`t work properly because folk find loopholes to dodge it. Grounds and players are sold to shell companies and there is more dodgy deals going on than ever.

The game, and our clubs, have now become rich boys toys and some of those rich kids go belly up and we end up with the consequences.

I`m just glad we made it into Div 1 when it was a simpler game.

Captain Bob robbing pensioners aside...... and I can remember Bob selling Dean Saunders to Ian (at Derby) for next to nothing and that money never arrived on our books that anyone knows!

Should give all recognised supporters groups a board place and a "golden vote" to save their clubs before it all goes tits up.
Ultimately bad memories of his time at Derby but he did save us from winding up back then. I think we owed 1.5 million and couldnt sign anyone, he got some good players into to the club and made good money selling them on. We just managed to get away from him before he fell off the boat or whatever happened.

If some can't understand why Boro are pursuing a claim against DC that the EFL disciplinary panel had found that Derby had breached the P&S rules, then our education system is in a much worse state than I thought. The Boro Statement is clear however the EFL one is not. The EFL seem to be in a "Not our fault guvnor" phase.

I think the fair way to resolve this is to kick Wycombe out the league and put them in the national league at best. Derby should take all of the Wycombe players on free transfers and Boro should ne relegated to league 1 with Sunderland taking their place. All with immediate effect.

I guess they're saying getting promoted gets you £200m if you factor in TV deal and parachute payments so they were denied a 1 in 4 shot at that?

Sorry I missed this yesterday.

And that's what I mean. You don't recieve £40 million for finishing 6th and you don't receive £40 million for being promoted. They would essentially be saying they want it for finishing in a playoff position (because that's ultimately the place they lost) in a knock out competition they can't prove one way or another the wouldn't have lost both legs, which none of the other clubs who did finish there received. Just feels like they are trying their luck.

At least Wycombe can say Derby fudging their financials and deliberately going into admin after the season ended, and not prior, had a direct and definitive impact on them going down.

Embarrassing.

They both ended up where they were because they weren’t good enough over 46 games.
Not quite.

I mean Wycombe for example got enough points to finish above 3 teams. But Derby cheated by illegally strengthening their playing squad and thus gaining more points to finish above Wycombe.

For me both clubs have a strong case.

Nowt like kicking a club when theyre down ( literally )....
Don’t be bloody stupid. They cheated and cheated the smogs and Wycombe out of a level playing field. Some of the infantile comments on here are embarrassing. Someone suggesting they wouldn’t have beaten Leeds in the play offs? They didn’t get a chance to find out. Mel what’s his name is to blame and that’s where the blame should be laid. Embarrassing.

If some can't understand why Boro are pursuing a claim against DC that the EFL disciplinary panel had found that Derby had breached the P&S rules, then our education system is in a much worse state than I thought. The Boro Statement is clear however the EFL one is not. The EFL seem to be in a "Not our fault guvnor" phase.

Pretty much this. Whilst a tad condescending, that Boro statement is well balanced and they’ll be compensated, to the tune of how much I don’t know, but that seems like a strong case. If this was us we’d be fuming.

Great club Derby with all its history but they cheated! They actually cheated their way to the top, and that’s just not right, doesn’t matter who you support.

Scruffy little club hopefully back in non league in a few years or bust
I heard an interview with the Wycombe owner on the Price of Football podcast.

He’s a 75 year old Texas lawyer who bought them a few years ago. He boasted having the best in-Stadium WIFI in the U.K. which would enable all fans to stream Liverpool and other prem matches on their phone while at Wycombe games. Talk about not having a clue!

Oh and he also said he looked into buying 5 other clubs and only agreed to visit Wycombe to look into buying them if it was ‘on the way back to the airport’ on his way back to the states.

These are the people who own our century-old treasures of footballing memories and pillars of our community.
Pretty much this. Whilst a tad condescending, that Boro statement is well balanced and they’ll be compensated, to the tune of how much I don’t know, but that seems like a strong case. If this was us we’d be fuming.

Great club Derby with all its history but they cheated! They actually cheated their way to the top, and that’s just not right, doesn’t matter who you support.
This! Mel Morris knew he was cheating when he decided to use a different method of amortisation of players value knowing full well every other club used the standard and accepted method.

Last edited:

Back