Boro and wycombe suing Derby County

Mowgli

Striker

Didnt realise this was still rumbling on. Seems like boro are after 40-50m for missing out on the playoffs and Wycombe for relegation.

Prospective Derby owners won't buy the club incase they're liable for these. Could end up with the club going to the wall. I get its infuriating they missed out on the playoffs but its not just because Derby overspent surely? No guarantee they'd have won the playoffs yet want 40-50m?

Last edited:

Didnt realise this was still rumbling on. Seems like boro are after 40-50m for missing out on the playoffs and Wycombe for relegation.

Prospective Derby owners won't buy the club incase they're liable for these. Could end up with the club going bust. I get its infuriating they missed out on the playoffs but its not just because Derby overspent surely? No guarantee they'd have won the playoffs yet want 40-50m?
Wycombe fuck me man

Dont see how Boro are putting in for 30-40 million.
They would have had to play Leeds who they couldn't beat all season, and even if they did, they would have played Villa in the final who hammered them twice.

So gate receipts for the 4 semis would come to around 4 million , 50 % to the pot , and the other 50% ( 2 million) divided between Leeds, Boro, Villa and West Brom . £500,000 each.
If they had got to the final add maybe 3 million.

So 3.5 million tops. but more probable 500k. Doesn't seem worth the legal fees

While I’m not sure about the suing, especially boro there is definitely an argument that they finished where they did because Derby cheated. Paying what they couldn’t really pay to get players that helped them finish higher.
Every club in debt is cheating then, just with Derby the owner couldn’t pay the bill.

Back