Borneo Bistro

He hasn't. He's got the noodle takeaway shop on Chester Road. Opposite the pawnbreakers few blocks away from The Chesters.

From what I've heard about the place its typical Borneo food but outrageously tight on the portion sizes for the price you're paying.
Wrong, it’s not him. It some of his old staff.
Would love to know what the real story was. Targeted by thugs possibly looks right.
He could have went to the stack or anywhere on his reputation and boomed.

I hope for one he’s came out of it doing ok, cos it was pioneering stuff for sunderland at the time.

African based will be next, noticed a house of Jollof on Hylton road lately.

Last edited:

Wrong, it’s not him. It some of his old staff.
Would love to know what the real story was. Targeted by thugs possibly looks right.
He could have went to the stack or anywhere on his reputation and boomed.

I hope for one he’s came out of it doing ok, cos it was pioneering stuff for sunderland at the time.

African based will be next, noticed a house of Jollof on Hylton road lately.
Pioneering. 😂

There's a place on Chester road (just down from the Chesters) that has Borneo's old chefs in and basically knocks up the same stuff I think.

Called "So Wok" or something like that.
This is the worst advice going @Tommasi

We went for lunch at work, got back and the food was so salty with no flavour. As a colleague made his way through it there was an actual salt packet in the his food

This is the worst advice going @Tommasi

We went for lunch at work, got back and the food was so salty with no flavour. As a colleague made his way through it there was an actual salt packet in the his food
We're in North Tyneside so think we're just gan order a Chilli Padi when we get back instead!

Back