Borneo Bistro

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s right, use any excuse or thread to have a pop at the city.

Although some areas of the city do have problems, the city of far from a shithole when you compare it to many others in this country.

If you don’t live in the city, you really can’t have an opinion, and if you do live in the city, shame on you, and you should probably fuck off and move elsewhere.

You and many like you are everything I hate about a large percentage of this city, glass half empty people who love nothing better than to sit and winge and do absolutely fuck all to improve things.

Was there any need for that comment at all?

“If you don’t live in the city, you really can’t have an opinion “

Really ?

Get stuffed man.

“If you don’t live in the city, you really can’t have an opinion “

Really ?

Get stuffed man.
Aye, really!

Absolutely sick of people running this city down, especially on here.

If you live here you should be trying to contribute to the city to promote and see growth and improvements, if you’re from outside the city, how do you really have an opinion on what it’s like.

And I’m going to be slightly hypocritical here, I’ve spent times in various towns and cities in the UK, and Sunderland doesn’t rank badly at all. There’s areas when I’ve been working in other places where I’ve been advised not to walk alone in and avoid from the locals, could you ever say that about any area of Sunderland? Could you fuck! Proper shit holes.

Aye, really!

If you live here you should be trying to contribute to the city to promote and see growth and improvements, if you’re from outside the city, how do you really have an opinion on what it’s like.

And I’m going to be slightly hypocritical here, I’ve spent times in various towns and cities in the UK, and Sunderland doesn’t rank badly at all. There’s areas when I’ve been working in other places where I’ve been advised not to walk alone in and avoid from the locals, could you ever say that about any area of Sunderland? Could you fuck! Proper shit holes.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of where they live , but you disagreeing with their opinion is fair enough.

Calm the fuck down man.

Worst thing to happen to sunderland was to bring the metro .Its turning sunderland into a big housing estate with it dragging folk through Newcastle .
I feel as though sunderland is loosing its identity and character tbh ,as people don’t really work here they just live here from my experience personally .

Don’t think I’ve ever done a job in the town ,it’s all Tyneside mainly .

Worst thing to happen to sunderland was to bring the metro .Its turning sunderland into a big housing estate with it dragging folk through Newcastle .
I feel as though sunderland is loosing its identity and character tbh ,as people don’t really work here they just live here from my experience personally .

Don’t think I’ve ever done a job in the town ,it’s all Tyneside mainly .
Should’ve moved all the call centres from Doxford and built a tower block each for them on the Vaux site . Bringing jobs and people into our city centre and reaping the benefits that would go with it .

Aye, really!

Spot on mate. I've lived over here for best part of 15 years now. Love it. Superb beaches, parks or whatever for family stuff. Pubs and restaurants galore for a cracking night out yet I've never known anywhere where the locals slaughter the place.

Spot on mate. I've lived over here for best part of 15 years now. Love it. Superb beaches, parks or whatever for family stuff. Pubs and restaurants galore for a cracking night out yet I've never known anywhere where the locals slaughter the place.
Where did you live before?

Firstly, my apologies for the slightly off topic post; For the first time I witnessed an absolute scum of the earth individual kicking shit out of the doors at The mini Asda in Ryhope. He was off his tits, throwing things around in the shop then stumbled out kicking the doors before lobbing bottles at the windows. His gob was bleeding by this time, so I can only imagine someone had given him a clip for being a bell.

Unacceptable behaviour and astonishing to witness first hand.

I only found out lad who owns it was in my year at school after talking to his brother who i hadn't seen for about 30 years.

Northumberland for the most part. Spent 8 years away in the Navy too.
Tbf most of the stuff on here is a wind up I reckon.
On the whole we live in a safe city with good train, bus and road links with a short journey to an airport.
We lost our identity when the yards and pits shut and the anger is still in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back