Borneo Bistro

EDGE

Striker
Still nowt happening.

Hylton Road still being affected.

Council must be getting a bit miffed.

Anyone know owt? 2 months now.

Don't know why they don't operate out of another premises for a while. Even on a smaller scale. The place would be packed and I bet they would turn a profit even if it was on a temporary basis.

Poor bloke, lovely bloke. Hope he's alreet. My heart goes out to him. That place was his life. He used to love it when people asked where he got his trinkets from, like that weird carnivorous plant he had on display. The lasses in there were good craic anarl.

Fingers crossed the insurance is a whopper and he comes back bigger than ever. Haway the Borneo.

Don't know why they don't operate out of another premises for a while. Even on a smaller scale. The place would be packed and I bet they would turn a profit even if it was on a temporary basis.
Yep. He'll lose the loyalty of his customers if he doesn't get his skates on.

You reckon?

Unless someone opens an alternative which is markedly better in the interim, I’d suggest he’d regain trade almost on day one.
Yes I do. But I hope not.

Depends when "day one" is.

He's built up a good brand, not sure why he's not exploiting it.There are empty properties nearby.

It's pretty clear Kev marches to the beat of his own drum, he must have been told dozens of times to start doing deliveries, stay open late, move to a bigger premises in a nicer part of town - he never did any of it.
I think deliveries could have been a nightmare for to be honest due to the demand for the food.

I'll go back when he reopens even if it's 2 years away. But some will move on you're right.
I was talking to his brother last week and everything is being put into place for him to get completely sorted and back open. As ever with insurance companies, these things take a while.

Back