Boring admin question on hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water and I pay for gas too.

I have a combi but it's connected to an unvented cylinder.
Similar system to us with us .

We have a Baxi megaflow boiler linked to a 250L unvented cylinder .
.Combi’s are useless when there is a number of bathrooms to service .
Ours comes on for an hr on the morning ,hr about 4 and and hr about 7.

Seems to work just fine .

Similar system to us with us .

We have a Baxi megaflow boiler linked to a 250L unvented cylinder .
.Combi’s are useless when there is a number of bathrooms to service .
Ours comes on for an hr on the morning ,hr about 4 and and hr about 7.

Seems to work just fine .
We've got a shower and bath downstairs, shower upstairs so need the pressure. Currently have the boiler on an hour in the morning then an hour early evening

We've got a shower and bath downstairs, shower upstairs so need the pressure. Currently have the boiler on an hour in the morning then an hour early evening
We have 4 bathrooms(look at me) and at times 2/3 are going at once .Works a treat,but the lad who fitted it really knows his onions :cool:

We have same as you and I’m sure we only have the hot water on hot an hour in the morning before the showers. As long as your tank keeps it warm until the kids baths, we always have plenty.

The hot water is stored and only takes 25mins or so to heat up a full tank

If the house has a higher than ‘normal’ need for hot water a tanked system is more efficient.
The combo only comes on a limited number of times a day and a suitably insulated tank will maintain water temperature using less energy than heating up mains supply.

It is the same philosophy as using a thermal accumulator tank in industry for instant elevated temp water with less overall cost.

If the house has a higher than ‘normal’ need for hot water a tanked system is more efficient.
The combo only comes on a limited number of times a day and a suitably insulated tank will maintain water temperature using less energy than heating up mains supply.

It is the same philosophy as using a thermal accumulator tank in industry for instant elevated temp water with less overall cost.
The pressure is better aswell Kev.

I imagine it will be. Is your tank in the loft or is it pumped from the tank?
We Havnt got a loft .

Downstairs in the utility room .MCW comes into the top of cylinder and pushes hot out of the bottom which In turn gives you more or less MCW pressure on the hot (that’s how I understand it anyway ..)
Either way the pressure on the hot regardless if another tap goes on remains excellent .

Get a combi.

Or cut it to one shower every two days - you're ruining your skin.

Or move to north London where everyone showers together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back