Boozy Post Ashes Party Shutdown By Police

The mail now trying to sensationalize it even further

They came because Thorpe smoked a cigar inside and will now lose his job

Who cares

Sack him if you think he’s a bad coach not because he smoked a cigar
ECB trying to switch narrative on losing series to people having the odd drink in their hotel room during the tour

whats that got to do with not being able to bat?

He is another idea, how about doing put blokes in a bubble for 2 years, for tour after tour away from home, maybe then they wont resort to having a beer

sorry but this has annoyed me, I will criticise the performances on the pitch, but to try and nail them off the pitch for this type of stuff is just garbage

Last edited:
It used to be after every test, sometimes at an end of days play

Its just an easy target for the tabloids who always hate any sportsman drinking, like its the worst thing in the world

luckily the majority of fans haven't fallen for it this time
btw its worth noting that the game and press conferences didn't end till like midnight or someit as it was a day night game

so its not actually that late, they didnt start drining at like 5pm the night before

probably the smallest session ever :lol:
Mate in 2005, the players used to share a beer after every single days play until Vaughan wanted to create a seige mentality. Nothing wrong with it at all:lol:

They can fuck right off. The Sun, that is.

A bunch of young, fit blokes locked up in a hotel. What are they supposed to do ? As for drinking with the opposition, they have more in common with fellow professional cricketers than they do the press or even the public. Doubly so, given they have just played a five match test series together. And if I had been stuck halfway round the world, working in a test series like that, I might fancy a drink or six myself.

This story is trying to manufacture righteous indignation amongst a certain demographic. Press outlets like the Sun have done too much damage to this nation already, economically, socially and to the general equanimity of the population, and we probably need to reevaluate what a free press means in this country and who we allow to run it.

Way back when there were rest days in test matches, both teams used to go on the piss on the Saturday night. Beefy's BBQ's were notoriously raucous. We used to get more than 150 quite regularly too. Maybe there's the solution.

They can fuck right off. The Sun, that is.

A bunch of young, fit blokes locked up in a hotel. What are they supposed to do ? As for drinking with the opposition, they have more in common with fellow professional cricketers than they do the press or even the public. Doubly so, given they have just played a five match test series together. And if I had been stuck halfway round the world, working in a test series like that, I might fancy a drink or six myself.

This story is trying to manufacture righteous indignation amongst a certain demographic. Press outlets like the Sun have done too much damage to this nation already, economically, socially and to the general equanimity of the population, and we probably need to reevaluate what a free press means in this country and who we allow to run it.

It’s Thorpe’s video that makes this a story. A senior coach, a bloke in his 50s, shouldn’t be getting wankered to the extent that he’s filming police at dawn talking about using it for his lawyers.

There has to be some responsibility and accountability here. I don’t think the players have done much wrong (probably annoying the residents at the hotel) but Thorpe has dropped a major bollock.

Back