Boozy Post Ashes Party Shutdown By Police

Thorpe could be sacked over this. Every cloud and all that. Not Root though....I'm sure he'll blame the counties for not raising players who can take their beer.

Thorpe could be sacked over this. Every cloud and all that. Not Root though....I'm sure he'll blame the counties for not raising players who can take their beer.
Why did Graham Thorpe record it?! They are just being politely told to end their night and go to bed. Total non event. And how on has it been released publicly?

I'm guessing Thorpe was battered by the way he's going on about lawyers and and has sent it pissed up to some people when he got back to his room. But I'd be very pissed off with if i were one of those 5 players.
Why on earth would root be in trouble for this? Done nothing wrong
He's filmed it and it's been released to the public when there was absolutely no need for it to have been. It is a total non event but Thorpe deserves a ticking off.

Last edited:
Why did Graham Thorpe record it?! They are just being politely told to end their night and go to bed. Total non event. And how on has it been released publicly?

I'm guessing Thorpe was battered by the way he's going on about lawyers and and has sent it pissed up to some people when he got back to his room. But I'd be very pissed off with if i were one of those 5 players.

He's filmed it and it's been released to the public when there was absolutely no need for it to have been. It is a total non event but Thorpe deserves a ticking off.

Probs filmed it to show they did nothing wrong

Also I said root

He didn’t film it

It’s the Aussie police at fault

Farce is Thorpe gets in trouble for that

ECB more interested in PR than results

Probs filmed it to show they did nothing wrong

Also I said root

He didn’t film it

It’s the Aussie police at fault

Farce is Thorpe gets in trouble for that

ECB more interested in PR than results
I misread re. Root/Thorpe. Filming is one thing,sharing is another. He'll get a bollocking and rightly so. Didnt need to be in the public domain at all.

And the aussie police haven't done anything wrong man.

Thought this happened at the end of a lot of tours
It does. I watched the the documentary on Amazon about the Aussies and after the last game of the last Ashes series they were all in the Australian dressing room drinking together. Don't see an issue with it personally. Better than fighting with each other.

It does. I watched the the documentary on Amazon about the Aussies and after the last game of the last Ashes series they were all in the Australian dressing room drinking together. Don't see an issue with it personally. Better than fighting with each other.
Definitely better than fighting each other, we’ve seen our lot have little to no fight. Be over in seconds.

It used to be after every test, sometimes at an end of days play

Its just an easy target for the tabloids who always hate any sportsman drinking, like its the worst thing in the world

luckily the majority of fans haven't fallen for it this time
btw its worth noting that the game and press conferences didn't end till like midnight or someit as it was a day night game

so its not actually that late, they didnt start drining at like 5pm the night before

probably the smallest session ever :lol:

Last edited:

Back