Boozy Post Ashes Party Shutdown By Police

I can understand it’s been blown out of proportion and maybe I’m being a bit silly here but part of me thinks come on man, you’ve just been completely embarrassed and shown yourselves up what are you doing having a piss up?

Regardless of the performance they've sacrificed a hell of a lot. Looks like nothing more than beers. They don't appear to have been causing any actual bother which would be a different story

I can understand it’s been blown out of proportion and maybe I’m being a bit silly here but part of me thinks come on man, you’ve just been completely embarrassed and shown yourselves up what are you doing having a piss up?
The video ive seen is Root and Anderson with Carey and Lyon from Australia - hardly a piss up. Some of these lads have been on the road for months - why not let them have a few beers to mark the end of a long period of touring?
Which Aussie shirt Root got around his neck
Nathan Lyon.

This is what the aussies are like with drinking man

The amount of times you get asked to leave places when you’ve had about 4 pints. It’s like a police state at times.

It's not just that night thou drinking, its been everynight too
I would doubt that very much if i'm honest - in the 80's yes theyd get away with that but not these days - the advent of camera phones and social media has put paid to it - theyd be all over social media if they were drinking every night.

The players have been drinking every night of a 6/7 week tour? Nonsense
I would doubt that very much if i'm honest - in the 80's yes theyd get away with that but not these days - the advent of camera phones and social media has put paid to it - theyd be all over social media if they were drinking every night.

Yeah you’re being silly

Some have been in a bubble for 4 months man

It’s hardly a piss up having a few drinks at the hotel they are staying in

Complete non story
Tabloid gutter press pushing it and these little drinking stories

It’s easier to push this narrative than the fact hameed and burns can’t bat

People fall for it too
To be fair if I'm still drinking at 6.30am I'm calling it a piss up.

Couldn't care less about this, if it's been going on through the series then I have an issue. Though I'll caveat that I don't expect them not to drink, but I don't expect them to be drinking until the early hours when there's so few days between matches on this tour.

Nathan Lyon comes across as an elite drinker mind. Looked lively in the bar leading the songs and then sent to bed at 6am. Almost makes him likeable. Almost

The OP is seeking attention, even back in the day the incidents were few and far between during the games.

I watched a great doc about the 86/87 Ashes when Gatting was captain but Botham was the leader of the team. They spent a month before the first test basically getting shit faced, led by Beefy who knew all the best spots, and losing to state sides, leading to the famous quote: There's only three things wrong, they can't bat, they'can't field and they can't bowl.

But then the week before the first Botham held a team meeting basically saying that we've had a blast, it's been fantastic and we're all together, now let's get serious and beats these c*nts. And they did. Barely drank a drop for the next 6 weeks, then made up for it when the ashes were secured.

Player refusing to do a fitness test they claim? Wonder if Gatting, Hughes, pre wonder tablet Warne and the like had to do them :lol: ? Sure Alec Stewart used to claim their warm up was 3 laps of Mike Gatting.
Well they played like they'd been on the piss tbf

If they hadn't been maybe load them up with a couple of cans of Stella next time at drinks to see if there's an improvement

Last edited:

Back