Book of Mormon tonight...

I didn’t think it was that funny either , it was very basic humour like South Park - people around us were laughing hysterically though so I was deffo in the minority
Helps if you have a basic understanding of Mormons and their religious art and imagery because it’s actually very very clever.
Comedy is very subjective. Thousands of people love Peter Kay. I can't stand him, but if it's funny to thousands then he's doing something right.

The shocking bit in bom is probably the racism and crude aids jokes. It's not very PC.
It’s not racist like.

The jokes are all about the white religious nuts.

There are some people who would say portraying an African tribe as being of the belief that having sex with babies will cure Aids is a bit racist.

It does mainly rip the piss out of Mormons though.

It’s not racist.

African ‘healers’ did advise sex with virgins could cure aids.

When you run out of legal aged virgins, babies are the last thing left. They took a fact to the extreme.

It’s not racist - it’s taking something weird to the absurd.

It’s not racist.

African ‘healers’ did advise sex with virgins could cure aids.

When you run out of legal aged virgins, babies are the last thing left. They took a fact to the extreme.

It’s not racist - it’s taking something weird to the absurd.
As I say, some will consider it to be racist. Some are more easily offended than others.

It’s defo immature, school boy humour in parts. I don’t mind a bit of that now and again.
Me neither. Immature is the wrong term tbh. The inbetweeners is beyond immature and that had me in tears at times. This just did nowt for me. Didn’t find it shocking nor funny

It’d be a bit crap if we all liked the same things so I hope those who do like it have a great time

Christ this. Went last night. Was warned prepared to be shocked and laugh your head off. Must have a very sheltered life if that’s what you consider close to the bone. Tell it’s written by the South Park lot too. It’s just immature rather than clever comedy.
Thank you.

The people we went with who thought it was canny have lived a very sheltered life.
Is it supposed to be clever? It's just funny. It's why snobs like gilly don't like it.
It’s f***ing shite man ffs
Comedy is very subjective. Thousands of people love Peter Kay. I can't stand him, but if it's funny to thousands then he's doing something right.

The shocking bit in bom is probably the racism and crude aids jokes. It's not very PC.
Eye the raping of baby children to cure aids was side splitting

Last edited:
It’s f***ing shite man ffs
Yeah, you said. I said it's great.

That's the thing about opinions, they differ.
Me neither. Immature is the wrong term tbh. The inbetweeners is beyond immature and that had me in tears at times. This just did nowt for me. Didn’t find it shocking nor funny

It’d be a bit crap if we all liked the same things so I hope those who do like it have a great time
I liked the Inbetweeners too. Maybe they should do a musical. 😂

Last edited:
I thought it was canny but then I love musicals and Matt & Trey. the songs are brilliant. I was telling my mam about (bits of) it and as a former Jehovah's witness she found the bits I told her funny. Each to their own eh. I'd not take my dad like.
Was watching Newsies earlier and realised Trey Parker was in that in the 90s. Niche fact for the musicals/south park fans there.

I thought it was canny but then I love musicals and Matt & Trey. the songs are brilliant. I was telling my mam about (bits of) it and as a former Jehovah's witness she found the bits I told her funny. Each to their own eh. I'd not take my dad like.
Was watching Newsies earlier and realised Trey Parker was in that in the 90s. Niche fact for the musicals/south park fans there.

See I’m the opposite, I hate musicals. But absolutely loved the songs. Had Hasa Diga Eebowai stuck in my head all day.

Back