Blyth Gigaplant

Wonder if the interconnector in blyth also helps?

I wonder if the IAMP site was ever considered by the company also or whether sites have been cherry picked as has happened with the CPU’s relocation of government departments around the country.
Yeah there is a train line which can be opened back up and as we have said a deep dock so lots of pros for that site, plus they wanted something big enough for a lot of the supply chain to move onto too.
I'm not sure who else they considered I'm sure there were loads of places that pitched to them.
I now Advance have put a hell of a lot of work into getting them on board.

Yeah there is a train line which can be opened back up and as we have said a deep dock so lots of pros for that site, plus they wanted something big enough for a lot of the supply chain to move onto too.
I'm not sure who else they considered I'm sure there were loads of places that pitched to them.
I now Advance have put a hell of a lot of work into getting them on board.

It will provide a strong impetus for reopening Newcastle - Ashington - Morpeth to passengers but the line into Blyth town centre has been built on.

It will provide a strong impetus for reopening Newcastle - Ashington - Morpeth to passengers but the line into Blyth town centre has been built on.

Yeah its been talked about for a while getting the link back to Ashington.
This may well help hopefully.
Town centre has but I'm sure the line to the factory is still clear and reusable

Mentions the rail possibilities in the q&a at the end

Last edited:
What will happen when they finally realise electric cars are not the answer to replace the internal combustion engine?
A lot of production there will not just be for cars i don't think.
However even if they don't replace altogether i think there will still be huge demand hence all of these car companies ploughing billions into research and development of EVs over ICEs

A lot of production there will not just be for cars i don't think.
However even if they don't replace altogether i think there will still be huge demand hence all of these car companies ploughing billions into research and development of EVs over ICEs
How are they going to dispose of all that lithium when these batteries reach end of life?

How are they going to dispose of all that lithium when these batteries reach end of life?
There is potential for recycling at that factory i think but many years time as there just isn't the demand at the moment.
Batteries are lasting much longer than expected.
Don't get me wrong I love a petrol car too that's a different argument but I think there is definitely the demand for what this factory can produce.
Its not cost effective to ship batteries from China all over Europe.
I think they are going to produce for the more premium larger car and then the likes of trucks and larger vehicles as they develop.
Mentions recycling in this article

Last edited:
There is potential for recycling at that factory i think but many year
I think they are going to produce for the more premium larger car and then the likes of trucks and larger vehicles as they develop.

There is potential for recycling at that factory i think but many years time as there just isn't the demand at the moment.
Batteries are lasting much longer than expected.
Don't get me wrong I love a petrol car too that's a different argument but I think there is definitely the demand for what this factory can produce.

I wouldn't be so sure about it being uneconomic to distribute Chinese batteries, they do it for everything else and are self sufficient in raw materials

Its more the transportation but that's only off reading that mind I'm not an expert.
They are heavy as fuck like and I guess the more factories there are will erode margins when transport is involved.

Its more the transportation but that's only off reading that mind I'm not an expert.
They are heavy as fuck like and I guess the more factories there are will erode margins when transport is involved.
It's not always logical Its cheaper for me to send stone to Brazil than it is to Norway, just need to find the right ship. I still missed out to the Canadians !

It's not always logical Its cheaper for me to send stone to Brazil than it is to Norway, just need to find the right ship. I still missed out to the Canadians !
Ah I get that but as more of these plants go up it must be cheaper to supply the UK from a UK plant.
What kind of stone do you do out of interest?

I work for a company that has many, wish I had my own !
Its quite fascinating how many different types there are when you get into it like.
You look at some walls and its just "stone" but there are myriads.
Had to go up ladycross quarries once, wow like stepping back in time, really cool though.

Just do what they did with coal waste, dump it in the sea off Blyth.
You drive to Blyth, old battery out, new battery in, old battery chucked in the sea
Now we know why they've picked a coastal site.
Fuck the region I want jobs for Sunderland
Looks like we need to vote for a Tory MP. :lol:

Last edited:

Back