Blyth Gigaplant

yep, news wasn't meant to come out yet... someone needed some good news

You heard anything about the one leaked at IAMP/Nissan? Seems to be a lot of these companies coming to the market, wonder if they will all make it or if it’s who gets their facility built first.

Excellent news. I wonder if they can use it as part of a free port? I don’t think we have a big natural lithium reserve so it’ll have to be imported with the finished cells exported to manufacturers.
Loads of work going on doing a deep dock just along the road, been going on most of this year, its a huge site/development like.

Is it still owned by RWE or has NCC acquired it?

It is but the road along there isn’t all that wide and sure there are problems with capacity on the moor farm roundabout - could be wrong.
Its a partnership between Advance, NCC, port of blyth and the ORE.
Moor farm can be a pain tbf

Last edited:
Its a partnership between Advance, NCC, port of blyth and the ORE.
Moor farm can be a pain tbf

Yeah I think the land for the battery plant must be on the site the other side of the road further north but thought it was owned by RWE. The energy central stuff has been touted around for ages though works must be due to finish next year.

Yeah I think the land for the battery plant must be on the site the other side of the road further north but thought it was owned by RWE. The energy central stuff has been touted around for ages though works must be due to finish next year.

Its just up the road aye, been on it a couple of times, it is huge, photos don't really do it justice, yeah Farrans have been on a while doing the dock works etc.
You're right though I think it will need some infrastructure works but that's a good thing too I guess.

Its just up the road aye, been on it a couple of times, it is huge, photos don't really do it justice, yeah Farrans have been on a while doing the dock works etc.
You're right though I think it will need some infrastructure works but that's a good thing too I guess.

Wonder if the interconnector in blyth also helps?

I wonder if the IAMP site was ever considered by the company also or whether sites have been cherry picked as has happened with the CPU’s relocation of government departments around the country.

Back