Blur v Oasis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like a lot of bands....Blur's earlier work was marginally better than the later stuff. They went naff around the parklife album. I think was the third album about 94ish same time as oasis' def maybe.....

Stuff off the first and second album I can just about tolerate

Anyhow I'm not sure either band has aged well

Last edited:
I'm rattling off Blur songs at the peak and you name a shite song from Oasis when they'd fallen off the cliff.

Each to their own but it's fair to say Oasis blew them away when at their peak.

Love Albarns solo stuff though. Nowt like Blur.

:lol::lol:

They've worked together recently. They are mates and having a laugh, they aren't arguing but that isn't a story that sells newspapers.

:lol: You know its true marra. I think your hatred of Oasis is because they became what the Roses could've, and should've ;)

Blur have not and will not make a better record than Definitely Maybe.

As was said when bands has the single off, Blur won the battle, Oasis won the war :cool:

Last edited:
:lol: You know its true marra. I think your hatred of Oasis is because they became what the Roses could've, and should've ;)

Blur have not and will not make a better record than Definitely Maybe.

As was said when bands has the single off, Blur won the battle, Oasis won the war :cool:

I haven’t got a hatred of Oasis, they’re just an easy target, like the goons who actually liked them. ‘Definitely Maybe’ is very run of the mill to be fair. 90% of it is recycled riffs/melodies from other groups’ music, indie for school kids and housewives to do the ironing to. Me and my mates still laugh about the time they were out and you’d get all the dweebs and geeks suddenly dressing like them and pretending to be ‘lads’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back