Blur v Oasis

I haven’t got a hatred of Oasis, they’re just an easy target, like the goons who actually liked them. ‘Definitely Maybe’ is very run of the mill to be fair. 90% of it is recycled riffs/melodies from other groups’ music, indie for school kids and housewives to do the ironing to. Me and my mates still laugh about the time they were out and you’d get all the dweebs and geeks suddenly dressing like them and pretending to be ‘lads’.

Just judge a band on their tunes. Ignore what people who like them look like, are into, what they think they are etc. Oasis early doors were raw and almost punk at times (bring it on down for example). You were never really going to like them that much if you're right into 80s music, ABBA etc which is fair enough.

But to deny the Definitely Maybe is good record is a bit silly. It will continue to stand the test of time.

Oh, and I don't know of many house wives doing the ironing to the likes of Columbia. Wish I did. They sound class.

Not my fault ‘you’re musics shite’.

Great closer to an album Blur have never come to bettering. Damon has mind.

Shite that. Trying to be serious but still got that poppy almost comedy sound associated with Blur.

Last edited:
Just judge a band on their tunes. Ignore what people who like them look like, are into, what they think they are etc. Oasis early doors were raw and almost punk at times (bring it on down for example). You were never really going to like them that much if you're right into 80s music, ABBA etc which is fair enough.

But to deny the Definitely Maybe is good record is a bit silly. It will continue to stand the test of time.

Oh, and I don't know of many house wives doing the ironing to the likes of Columbia. Wish I did. They sound class.

Possibly the silliest thing I’ve ever seen posted on here.
:lol:

Looks like you’re losing the plot here mind, some very strange and random posts. You need to try and keep calm when someone’s telling you your musical hero is a gonk like. You’re not that fella with the daft hair/long sideboards who still wears the paisley scarves I’ve seen kicking about Sunderland are you?

Possibly the silliest thing I’ve ever seen posted on here.

Looks like you’re losing the plot here mind, some very strange and random posts. You need to try and keep calm when someone’s telling you your musical hero is a gonk like. You’re not that fella with the daft hair/long sideboards who still wears the paisley scarves I’ve seen kicking about Sunderland are you?

You've said on here you like ABBA. Fair enough. Loads do. You might have forgot, like on the All Inclusive thread ;)

No mate. I'm bald.

Shite that. Trying to be serious but still got that poppy almost comedy sound associated with Blur.
What a life it would if you could come to mine for tea, I’ll pick you up at half past three we’ll have lasagna. Cutting edge Oasis at their peak.

You know. The thread someone pulled you up on yday and I backed you.

And aye, you said you like ABBA. It's okay to do so. Did you forget?

Forget about what man?!?

What a life it would if you could come to mine for tea, I’ll pick you up at half past three we’ll have lasagna. Cutting edge Oasis at their peak.

Just spat my wine out reading that

Oh, and I don't know of many house wives doing the ironing to the likes of Columbia.
Wish I did. They sound class.

Our lass does like. Always plays oasis when doing housework.

Her only redeeming trait.

The thread is there.

Rose I bet ;)

Are you on about me saying about getting out and about on holiday etc? Yeah like I say I’ve always done that but this time I fancy going all inclusive and doing nowt. What’s the problem? You need to explain the ABBA thing though, I don’t get where you’re coming from.

And it’s Merlot actually.
;)

Are you on about me saying about getting out and about on holiday etc? Yeah like I say I’ve always done that but this time I fancy going all inclusive and doing nowt. What’s the problem? You need to explain the ABBA thing though, I don’t get where you’re coming from.

And it’s Merlot actually.
;)

As its Merlot, a fine choice, I'm just going to leave it there.

Back