Bloody Marys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best Bloody Mary ever, squeeze some lime juice into a saucer, dip empty glass into lime juice then into freshly ground black pepper so it forms a rim on the glass.

Then whack in, ice, good vodka, some bits of the lime me you squeezed for the juice, tomato juice, tobasco, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and montepulciano red wine, stir & serve!

Best Bloody Mary ever, squeeze some lime juice into a saucer, dip empty glass into lime juice then into freshly ground black pepper so it forms a rim on the glass.

Then whack in, ice, good vodka, some bits of the lime me you squeezed for the juice, tomato juice, tobasco, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and montepulciano red wine, stir & serve!

That sounds topper.

Top fella
Nice Chardonnay for Daffy this fine evening

Good work sir.

Replace the lime with lemon and minus the red wine and that's what I was getting amongst.

Must be something about pre-season. The best Bloody Mary I ever had was on the Sunday morning in the Bank Bar in Dublin on the first keano tour. Next stop was Cork, stayed in the jury's Doyle and had a nice one in there too.

Had one a few weeks ago in Edinburgh and it was terrible. Must have had the entire contents of the pepper mill in it, ruined it was. The Mrs makes a mean one, always adds a decent splash of amontillado sherry which gives a very subtle layer to the flavour. Proper morning after drink in my humble opinion.
We were on that tour. You'd have been in the Bank when we were there.

Did you find that bar in Cork which was full of Phil Lynott pictures? Happy times.

We were on that tour. You'd have been in the Bank when we were there.

Did you find that bar in Cork which was full of Phil Lynott pictures? Happy times.

Aye better days than now. We were in the bank on the Sunday morning until around lunchtime, the owner (and Drumavile member) was trying to give us tickets for Cork but we were all sorted. In the Arlington hotel / bar for about 12 hours. The night before was spent in the Oliver st john gogarty, it was rocking and full of country lads from Wexford or mayo re the hurling semis at croak park. We had drinks around cork before the game but can't remember phil lynott ha ha. After the game we drank in the hotel as the Quinn, Keane and all his family + the sky crew and journos etc were all staying there so it was a good night. Quinn made sure to speak with everyone at all the tables even though he was out on his feet by 1am. Roy Keanes dad spoke with us but it was like trying to craic on with R2D2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back