Bloody Marys

Never heard of it being a hangover cure like. In fact I've never even had one.

What's the classic recipe?

a lot of the tomato juices are too watery I find also. the best used to be Libbys in the jar
I find Lidl tomato juice is the best. Love a Bloody Mary!

Had a lovely one in the us where they put some of the juice from the olive jar into it. Was very tasty!

With, always.

Some great additions on this thread that I have not tried before but definitely shall. Love a Bloody Mary me.

The one ingredient I do find though that makes a difference if lacking is the simple lemon juice

None, they are fkn horrible.

Tatie ^

With, always.

Some great additions on this thread that I have not tried before but definitely shall. Love a Bloody Mary me.

The one ingredient I do find though that makes a difference if lacking is the simple lemon juice

The missus has got in the ingredients in. Going to try it with sherry. Sounds bizarre mind.

Got lemon juice in.

Last edited:
With!

Here's one I had in Sacramento a few years ago on the pre season tour.

I love Bloody Marys and this is the best I've ever had.

Logon or register to see this image

Must be something about pre-season. The best Bloody Mary I ever had was on the Sunday morning in the Bank Bar in Dublin on the first keano tour. Next stop was Cork, stayed in the jury's Doyle and had a nice one in there too.

Had one a few weeks ago in Edinburgh and it was terrible. Must have had the entire contents of the pepper mill in it, ruined it was. The Mrs makes a mean one, always adds a decent splash of amontillado sherry which gives a very subtle layer to the flavour. Proper morning after drink in my humble opinion.

Without to keep it vegetarian. Love a Bloody Mary, could smash one now actually, I'm absolutely hanging.

You need to acquire some Henderson’s Relish it’s slightly less good but suitable for veggies.

Clamato - Wikipedia

Game changer.

Amusingly, made by a company called Motts.

Got a can in the cupboard. Never had the slightest inclination to try it for some reason.

Last edited:

Back