Blokes getting driven around in cars by women

Haway man, you're saying others have a problem with your 'traditional relationship but you've been putting down others who have different approaches.

If it works for you and her then it's up to you but it's canny sad wanting everyone to take your outdated view.
I’ll tell you how I see it in my day to day life ;

I see blokes coming to work with no bait and flask and the same blokes having sly digs at me like “your lass must be stupid Adam getting up at 6;00 every morn to make your breakfast and bait “When really they are just jealous.
Other blokes have got to go in and make the tea and that whilst their “wives” lay on the settee on Facebook.

If they are happy with that then crack on ,but they arnt really are they .

Like I say ,when I see the lads I’m on about being drove round by their butch wives I laugh like fuck as it just sums them up .I understand that’s not the case with everyone but it’s the case with my associates .

Used to enjoy driving but it's just a chore now. She can drive me about all she likes
Do you think that’s an age thing ? I love driving tbh and cars are /have been a big interest of mine since as long as I remember.

I think you’ve either got the car bug or you haven't.

Last edited by a moderator:

I see blokes coming to work with no bait and flask and the same blokes having sly digs at me like “your lass must be stupid Adam getting up at 6;00 every morn to make your breakfast and bait “When really they are just jealous.
Other blokes have got to go in and make the tea and that whilst their “wives” lay on the settee on Facebook.

Like I say ,when I see the lads I’m on about being drove round by their butch wives I laugh like fuck as it just sums them up .I understand that’s not the case with everyone but it’s the case with my associates .

Do you think that’s an age thing ? I love driving tbh and cars are /have been a big interest of mine since as long as I remember.

Our lass puts my bait up just about everyday mind it's about the only thing she does.
Works one to three days a week and thinks she has it bad, f***ing unbelievable.

Nah not really. Lights and roundabouts every 20 yards. Can't go a mile over the limit. Simply no fun anymore. Used to love when I was younger. A TO B now

People get somebody else to make their own dinner at get a surprise/pot luck as to what they have got, rather than making what they fancy that day? Weird.

People get somebody else to make their own dinner at get a surprise/pot luck as to what they have got, rather than making what they fancy that day? Weird.
:lol::lol:

Or ,imagine this scenario ;

Her -“What do you fancy for you tea tonight ?”

Me-“ I’ll have egg,beans and chips”

:lol::lol:

Or ,imagine this scenario ;

Her -“What do you fancy for you tea tonight ?”

Me-“ I’ll have egg,beans and chips”

That is a meal you are sharing.

Imagine this. "Here is your bait box for dinner time at work"....3 hours later..."Oh ham, I fancied tuna".

How does that even start? "Want to move in together?", "Yes", "Great, you can make my bait just like mammy does now".

That is a meal you are sharing.

Imagine this. "Here is your bait box for dinner time at work"....3 hours later..."Oh ham, I fancied tuna".

How does that even start? "Want to move in together?", "Yes", "Great, you can make my bait just like mammy does now".
Mammy :lol:

It's now to do with masculinity it's just about normality. A woman driving a man about just looks wrong.

TBH even I'm going out on the drink and we are in her car. Its always expected that I will drive there before jumping out and her getting in the driving seat.

Well that is a bit daft, I normally drive, however if our lass dropping me off at the pub then driving home, she just drives then no need to swap over.

Some of the scariest moments of my life were when being driven around country roads in Spain and France by female property agents.

It's pure bad manners even if both can drive for the man to let or expect the woman to drive unless there is a medical or other legitimate reason. He simply picks up the keys, gets in the drivers seat without discussion and they go on their way for their day or night out.

This is not mysogenism, it's simply pure good manners.
What a load of wank.

You're entitled to your opinion. But personally for me it's manners to do the driving, hold a door open, buy the first drinks on a date, etc.

:)

Of course it's a pile of wank. It doesn't matter a hapeth.

I just felt like helping the OP's pointless shit stirring. :)

I tend to drive when we are going anywhere and use my car.

I'm not that keen on driving and would quite happily be driven everywhere by someone else.

If the Mrs did all the driving I'd be over the moon.

As long as you don't have to travel very far or have loads of money.

Decent public transport would sort you out like. It's a joke how poor it is throughout the country though.

This was in response to someone telling another poster he didn't need a car because public transport in his area was fine btw.

Decent public transport would sort you out like. It's a joke how poor it is throughout the country though.

This was in response to someone telling another poster he didn't need a car because public transport in his area was fine btw.
I was just thinking about any kind of on-spec trip out of the area tbh. I can drive down my sisters and back for about 90 quid. I'd have to plan months in advance and hit it lucky to get any kind of similar value train ticket.

I was just thinking about any kind of on-spec trip out of the area tbh. I can drive down my sisters and back for about 90 quid. I'd have to plan months in advance and hit it lucky to get any kind of similar value train ticket.

How often do you do that though? You could always hire a car.

How often do you do that though? You could always hire a car.
So far your solutions to not needing a car have involved a taxi and car hire. You may as well own one. My wife’s car currently costs next to nowt to run, we don’t have to book its use. Even better if she drives it, then I can sit back and rexal.

Back