Blokes getting driven around in cars by women

I sort of hoped a lot of comments on this thread were just jokes - I’m now not sure :lol:

I’ve got to be honest here mate, the only lads I know that really insist on driving, are the ones that are heavily under the thumb and ulimately it’s the only thing they have left.
You haven't been in a car when my lass is driving.

That wasn’t a dig at you mate. The fact is, however, there will be lads on here giving it the big one about driving; yet come 3pm on Saturday, they will be locked away watching a stream hiding from their partner, when all their mates will be at the match.

Ulimately, I doubt there is a direct link between driving and being under the thumb.
I can only speak about the people I know who do this mate.I wouldn’t call it under the thumb really it’s just that the women are bigger,badder ,stronger and have more testosterone running through their veins than their futile men.
For instance all the women mentioned on this thread will all be bruisers I’d hazard a guess.

What do ‘real blokes’ do on a long journey, after a stop at a service station? Get back behind the wheel and slog it out for another 2-3 hours or give the keys to the wife and have a nap?

We always share the driving. He usually does more stints than I do because he gets bored when he’s not driving, so once he’s had a kip I’ll swap back.

But it makes no sense to me if there are 2 drivers in the car to insist one drives the whole way.

If we’re abroad he does most of the driving, he’s more experienced at that than I am and I’m a better navigator. But I started to insist on having a go at a left hand drive - if something happens to him and he can’t drive, I’ve got to be able to do it.

I can only speak about the people I know who do this mate.I wouldn’t call it under the thumb really it’s just that the women are bigger,badder ,stronger and have more testosterone running through their veins than their futile men.
For instance all the women mentioned on this thread will all be bruisers I’d hazard a guess.

You have a really f***ing odd view of women like.

We always share the driving. He usually does more stints than I do because he gets bored when he’s not driving, so once he’s had a kip I’ll swap back.

But it makes no sense to me if there are 2 drivers in the car to insist one drives the whole way.

If we’re abroad he does most of the driving, he’s more experienced at that than I am and I’m a better navigator. But I started to insist on having a go at a left hand drive - if something happens to him and he can’t drive, I’ve got to be able to do it.

You have a really f***ing odd view of women like.
No ,no I really don’t.

Women are beautiful creatures at times ,it’s weak men that turn them into fire breathing monsters.

Nothing wrong with being driven by a lass (I find it quite a turn on tbh ) but what we are all saying is it’s weird when the woman is the dominant driver.

Chap I know who has a Dacia Duster ,there lass drives all the time .They have dash cams on the car ,baby on board stickers and he was 40 by the time he hoyed her up the stick.
Or and they have a f***ing cat .

Lovely lad ,but fits into the pigeon hole I’m on about .

Another lads exactly the same I know but he’s again the woman of the relationship ,runs about after the bairns ,does all the housework whilst she is lying on the settee on Facebook etc.Shes again dominate person in the relationship .

It honestly says a lot about the couples private life when you see the woman as the dominate driver .The blokes are generally soft as shite .

Dont you hand all your pay over to your lass, who then gives you pocket money?

Dont you hand all your pay over to your lass, who then gives you pocket money?
:lol:

No mate ,our lass takes whatever she wants from whatever accounts to pay whatever bills .

f***ing hell, manly lessons handed out by someone who needed a barnet job. :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

Said the man who relies on their lass to drive him about .Does she light the fire aswell .?

It honestly says a lot about the couples private life when you see the woman as the dominate driver .The blokes are generally soft as shite .

Wow, this thread has really been an education into insecurities and 1960s views of men v women and home life. I honestly never saw driving as a battle ground where one person has to exhert dominance. I have always seen it as another chore where it is a matter of who feels like doing it first or who can be bothered, like running around the vacuum, washing up, brushing the dog etc. There is stuff in life that just needs doing, me and the wife just approach them as a partnership, don't set rotas and have set jobs. We just get on with it, same as I used to when living alone, just now two people can do the jobs.

Take today for example, there are a few things I want to do for myself (hobby stuff), so I'll do them. There are a couple of things I want to do with the kids and I'll do them too. I might make the tea, but if the rain clears up, I'll leave that to my wife while I take my dog and daughter out somewhere at dusk where you can sometimes see owls. I have a few shirts I need to iron for work next week, so if I'm doing them I'll probably spend the extra 10 minutes doing my daughters uniform, last week the wife did it. I have not been asked or told to do any of the stuff I have planned today, and I've not asked my wife to do anything. We just get on with life trying to mix more fun and interesting things with chores.

Needing to use who drives the car as the last bastion to show dominance and masculinity is very strange behaviour. "Shall I drive, you did all the driving the last couple of days?" is not an uncommon phrase in my house from either of us. No dominance from either side.

She will be looking at me soon hoping I'm the one to do the morning dog walk though. Not saying anything, just hoping I'm the first to stick my coat on. It is chucking it down!

Wow, this thread has really been an education into insecurities and 1960s views of men v women and home life. I honestly never saw driving as a battle ground where one person has to exhert dominance. I have always seen it as another chore where it is a matter of who feels like doing it first or who can be bothered, like running around the vacuum, washing up, brushing the dog etc. There is stuff in life that just needs doing, me and the wife just approach them as a partnership, don't set rotas and have set jobs. We just get on with it, same as I used to when living alone, just now two people can do the jobs.

Take today for example, there are a few things I want to do for myself (hobby stuff), so I'll do them. There are a couple of things I want to do with the kids and I'll do them too. I might make the tea, but if the rain clears up, I'll leave that to my wife while I take my dog and daughter out somewhere at dusk where you can sometimes see owls. I have a few shirts I need to iron for work next week, so if I'm doing them I'll probably spend the extra 10 minutes doing my daughters uniform, last week the wife did it. I have not been asked or told to do any of the stuff I have planned today, and I've not asked my wife to do anything. We just get on with life trying to mix more fun and interesting things with chores.

Needing to use who drives the car as the last bastion to show dominance and masculinity is very strange behaviour. "Shall I drive, you did all the driving the last couple of days?" is not an uncommon phrase in my house from either of us. No dominance from either side.

She will be looking at me soon hoping I'm the one to do the morning dog walk though. Not saying anything, just hoping I'm the first to stick my coat on. It is chucking it down!
Im out with the dog now ,made the bacon and egg sarnies/cups of teas ,washed up and swept the floors,hosed the paths down ,took the rubbish out .Out hanging doors in the new house for 10:00am till dark .
I’m not the devil most on here paint me out to be,but I am the man of the house and she the woman .Very traditional but it works a treat ,which some folk seem to have a prob with both in real life and on here .

I can only put it down to jealousy

Im out with the dog now ,made the bacon and egg sarnies/cups of teas ,washed up and swept the floors,hosed the paths down ,took the rubbish out .Out hanging doors in the new house for 10:00am till dark .
I’m not the devil most on here paint me out to be,but I am the man of the house and she the woman .Very traditional but it works a treat ,which some folk seem to have a prob with both in real life and on here .

I’ve been in the pub and now at the match.

Mind I did have to drive myself up here. Standards are slipping!

Haway man, you're saying others have a problem with your 'traditional relationship but you've been putting down others who have different approaches.

If it works for you and her then it's up to you but it's canny sad wanting everyone to take your outdated view.

Back