Bit of a mad question but I know some on here have experience.

bowers2

Striker
If a drinker who had a few beers a day 6-10) over a long person but then started to really up his game to a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of wine a day - how realistically long could they live for?

6-10 beers a day is not a few beers a day mind.

The answer is that it will depend on the person. It could kill someone fairly quickly I imagine

I know it’s not a few but it was to him. I imagine a functioning alcoholic. He ain’t functioning anymore and is now a complete wreck but it’s affecting the family now.

I know it’s not a few but it was to him. I imagine a functioning alcoholic. He ain’t functioning anymore and is now a complete wreck but it’s affecting the family now.
Really sad that. Genetics and other influences would make that impossible to predict I would think. Really hope it works out well for all of the family involved mate

2 bottles of strong alcohol a day? Maybe 10 years if you're lucky.

Why would anyone do that!!

Last edited:
Theres a lad at our place who drinks a half bottle of whiskey most nights, with accompanying Peruvian at the weekend, hes in his early 30s.

A cracking hand aswell.

If a drinker who had a few beers a day 6-10) over a long person but then started to really up his game to a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of wine a day - how realistically long could they live for?
Think about it this way, the NHS weekly recommended alcohol units per week is 14 units, which is about the equivalent of five pints of beer, and even that is supposed to be spread out over at least three days.

I know that the majority of people who like a drink, will drink more than five pints a week, but if you're drinking 10 beers a night(around 30 units) You are drinking more than double the weekly recommended amount of alcohol in a single night, and if you're doing that every night of the week that's 210 units of alcohol a month.

This means that the NHS recommends than in an entire year, the average person should drink a maximum of 672 units of alcohol. The person described in your post was already drinking over 10 thousand units of alcohol a year, and that was when they only enjoyed 'a few beers'.

Exactly as another poster alluded to, there isn’t a single representative person to measure it to.
Like a lot of things in this crazy world, there isn’t a single definitive answer. Rather the answer is more nuanced.
Some might suffer quickly from this sort of consumption other might be more resilient

Back