Birmingham Giving it a Go

We had two starting on Saturday. One came off the bench. Another was on the bench just after coming back from injury. One got injured in his first training session & can’t get involved.

Just had a look & they had three starting on Saturday & one coming off the bench.

Not a huge difference.
If you look at they players we've spent money on this season and we're at full strength, can you honestly say any of them should be starting?

Not one of them improves our starting x1 from last season.

I'm not saying they won't do given time, but at the moment our starting x1 is weaker than last season.

That's the worry.

If you look at they players we've spent money on this season and we're at full strength, can you honestly say any of them should be starting?

Not one of them improves our starting x1 from last season.

I'm not saying they won't do given time, but at the moment our starting x1 is weaker than last season.

That's the worry.

Seelt is our most expensive purchase and surely the plan is for him to start at CB alongside Ballard and in place of O'Nien?

Burnley were after him in January and nearly got it over the line. Their recruitment record has been excellent lately so it's a good sign that we're on the right track with him anyway.

The main problem is Amad is irreplaceable really even if we spent £30m on his successor.
Last time I checked transfermarkt, only us, Millwall, Stoke and the 3 sides that came up from L1 had a net transfer outlay (and Stoke are spending the proceeds from the Souttar sale in January).

Aye, and Stoke also brought in a canny fee for Brown very recently that I don't believe is reflected in those figures yet.

Last edited:
We spent it on Will Grigg, Jack Clarke probably cost a canny bit anarl
Can you imagine the uproar if we spent £3m on a player? Our ceiling price for a player is more like £3. It’s way too much to spend on a player apparently. And we all know why. Can anyone tell me when we last paid that much for a player? It must have been the Ellis Short days. With that in mind we all know why we stopped spending anything like that on a player.

Which are they heading for first? Administration or League One. Anyone care to take bets? Because one happened to us and the other very nearly did. In the words of a very overrated singer who recently visited us, where there is a flame someone’s bound to be burnt.

Spending such crazy amounts of money on players only leads to bad things.

I hope it works out for them. But unfortunately it just didn’t for us.

Bellingham was reported as being £3.5m.
You been taken over or something? I thought you were skint.

Complete with Peaky Blinders reference.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the uproar if we spent £3m on a player? Our ceiling price for a player is more like £3. It’s way too much to spend on a player apparently. And we all know why. Can anyone tell me when we last paid that much for a player? It must have been the Ellis Short days. With that in mind we all know why we stopped spending anything like that on a player.

Which are they heading for first? Administration or League One. Anyone care to take bets? Because one happened to us and the other very nearly did. In the words of a very overrated singer who recently visited us, where there is a flame someone’s bound to be burnt.

Spending such crazy amounts of money on players only leads to bad things.

I hope it works out for them. But unfortunately it just didn’t for us.

Logon or register to see this image

1st box - expenditure
2nd box - quantity of players
3rd box - income
4th box - quantity of players
5th box - net spend

Again teams are spending money with income and parachute payments, we are one of the only teams actually spending money.

Edit: Stoke and Millwall are the only ones that are spending more than income.

Last edited:

1st box - expenditure
3rd box - income
5th box - net spend

Again teams are spending money with income and parachute payments, we are one of the only teams actually spending money.

We've brought 12 players in this summer?

We have bought alot of players in but a lot went out. Most of the players we have bought in have cost next to nothing.

It's just been good business done for once. This chap would be our biggest at 3 mil, then sanderson at 2. We haven't spent big money by any means.
We had two starting on Saturday. One came off the bench. Another was on the bench just after coming back from injury. One got injured in his first training session & can’t get involved.

Just had a look & they had three starting on Saturday & one coming off the bench.

Not a huge difference.

Dembele and laird was both injured who are first team players aswell. We have bought for first team not as prospects.

We have bought alot of players in but a lot went out. Most of the players we have bought in have cost next to nothing.

It's just been good business done for once. This chap would be our biggest at 3 mil, then sanderson at 2. We haven't spent big money by any means.

Dembele and laird was both injured who are first team players aswell. We have bought for first team not as prospects.

Is your ground getting sorted?

Seeing the lower stands empty made it look desolate

Problem we’ve got is we don’t know much about these players we’ve signed. Our history would suggest a lot signings are given time to bed in rather than hoy straight in, but we’ve apparently paid a fee for Seelt & none of us have seen the other striker kick a ball yet.

Everybody’s wanking themselves silly over Ekwah at the minute. He can in in January but seems to have nailed down a place. Playing him January - May last year wouldn’t have been sensible, but he’s a first team player now.

It’ll be interesting at the end of the season to see how much these players from this summer have played.

Far too early to be saying they're one thing or another like

I agree but can only go off what they’ve done so far, spent some coin on the playing squad and facilities without asking fans to do it for out.

Immediately better than the previous ones that we had. :lol:

1st box - expenditure
3rd box - income
5th box - net spend

This.

People saying we don’t spend money, but it’s mad that we still are without any significant sales, other than possibly Lihadji.

Back