Birmingham Giving it a Go

Birmingham are reinvesting what they’ve earned in sales, surely? They got a percentage of Bellingham to Real Madrid, Jobe’s sale, and Chong departing to Luton.

I’d imagine there would be uproar from posters drawing a contrast between the two clubs’ transfer business if we sold someone like Clarke for £15million to fund our business.

They've sold Chong and Bellingham for about £6m combined. They also got an estimated £5m from the Jude Bellingham sell on clause.

Any club who people think are having a go or who are spending decent money this year, have brought in significant incomings to fund it.

In fact, only SAFC and Millwall can say they are in the top 10 of Championship spenders this year whilst having largely brought in nothing.

Last edited:
Club on the up, seen the work the new owners have done to the stadium already?

Been in five minutes and they’ve already got those stands open that have been fucked for a few years, ripped out there hospitality areas and done them up as well as the press room and tunnel.

Looks like a good set of owners they’ve got there especially when you see the talent they have recruited.
Far too early to be saying they're one thing or another like

Sanderson was a good signing. I like Bacuna, he's been quality for them. I thought losing Chong would have affected them but they've started very well, their fans are buzzing after the takeover, all very positive compared to us.

We had two starting on Saturday. One came off the bench. Another was on the bench just after coming back from injury. One got injured in his first training session & can’t get involved.

Just had a look & they had three starting on Saturday & one coming off the bench.

Not a huge difference.

That goes against the agenda though…

Makes me laugh when people say spending money never ends well just because we fukced it up. The problem isnt having money, the problem is having terrible scouting and recruitment systems. If you get the foundations right, having money makes everything easier.

See the Villa fans have been busy on his wiki page! 😂😂😂

“ Emanuel Aiwu (born 25 December 2000) DRINKS PISS #AVFC #BCFC #WWE”

Makes me laugh when people say spending money never ends well just because we fukced it up. The problem isnt having money, the problem is having terrible scouting and recruitment systems. If you get the foundations right, having money makes everything easier.
That’s my thought when people say that we have to be frugal.
If Speakman is this super-scout that some proclaim him to be, why not back him more?

They've sold Chong and Bellingham for about £6m combined. They also got an estimated £5m from the Jude Bellingham sell on clause.

Any club who people think are having a go or who are spending decent money this year, have brought in significant incomings to fund it.

In fact, only SAFC and Millwall can say they are in the top 10 of Championship spenders this year whilst having largely brought in nothing.
Last time I checked transfermarkt, only us, Millwall, Stoke and the 3 sides that came up from L1 had a net transfer outlay (and Stoke are spending the proceeds from the Souttar sale in January).

Last edited:
Jobe’s move to us seems a strange one to me. We’re not much better than them atm so could be a sideways step and he’s supposedly a Brum fan too. I know theres the Mike Dodds connection. Brum didn’t seem that fussed about losing him and there was no competition when you’d think plenty would have a look considering how good his bro is. Yet we’ve seen first hand he looks a real talent and it’s easy to forget he’s 17.

Jobe’s move to us seems a strange one to me. We’re not much better than them atm so could be a sideways step and he’s supposedly a Brum fan too. I know theres the Mike Dodds connection. Brum didn’t seem that fussed about losing him and there was no competition when you’d think plenty would have a look considering how good his bro is. Yet we’ve seen first hand he looks a real talent and it’s easy to forget he’s 17.
As you say, it’s the Mike Dodds connection. Don’t underestimate it, you only have to hear Jude and the family talk about him to hear how much they value his input into Jude’s development.

There will have been other clubs in for him too but again the promise of first team involvement (even if only implied by the precedent we’ve set with our policy of giving youngsters so much game time) and again Dodds will have given us the advantage.

I must say, Jobe is a much more capable player already than I thought he was.

Back