Bilbao Black Cats / Athletic Club Bilbao

aupaalaves

Striker
Myself and another Sunderland fan here in Bilbao recently formed an official Sunderland AFC overseas supporters branch called the Bilbao Black Cats.

Our aim is to gradually get more members into the branch and form an official link with Sunderland AFC and Athletic Club Bilbao.

A new president of Athletic Bilbao has recently been elected and one of his visions is to try to get more out of the Athletic Bilbao Basque only philosophy and hopes to do this by forming links/friendships with clubs from around the world as while most football fans around the world know about Athletic and their policy that's about as far as it goes.

I'm friends with someone who is on the electoral board of Athletic and has close ties to the new president and vice president and they are potentially keen on starting a friendship with Sunderland due to the shipyards industry, the origins of Athletic, the red and white stripes, which many believe are linked to Southampton but there is strong evidence to suggest this is incorrect, the passion of the fans and how football runs deep within the city and being able to see this through Sunderland Till I Die.

Would fans be interested in being part of this link?

Here is an unfinished image of what our Bilbao Black Cats branch logo will look like.

Logon or register to see this image

Myself and another Sunderland fan here in Bilbao recently formed an official Sunderland AFC overseas supporters branch called the Bilbao Black Cats.

Our aim is to gradually get more members into the branch and form an official link with Sunderland AFC and Athletic Club Bilbao.

A new president of Athletic Bilbao has recently been elected and one of his visions is to try to get more out of the Athletic Bilbao Basque only philosophy and hopes to do this by forming links/friendships with clubs from around the world as while most football fans around the world know about Athletic and their policy that's about as far as it goes.

I'm friends with someone who is on the electoral board of Athletic and has close ties to the new president and vice president and they are potentially keen on starting a friendship with Sunderland due to the shipyards industry, the origins of Athletic, the red and white stripes, which many believe are linked to Southampton but there is strong evidence to suggest this is incorrect, the passion of the fans and how football runs deep within the city and being able to see this through Sunderland Till I Die.

Here is an unfinished image of what our Bilbao Black Cats branch logo will look like.

https://ibb.co/CvL2yTJ
Definitely. Bilbao is a great city. Pintxos and alcohol and fantastic stadium in city centre.

Good work. There are links going way back, even if it is not the shirt, Wearside born people over for the heavy industry played and managed early Athletic teams.
One of my favourite Spanish teams too, they love their football and their club more than most, if all clubs were ran like they were the game would be in a better state.

Last edited:

Would be good to have a few over at the newcastle friendly later this month.

Good work. There are links going way back, even if it is not the shirt, Wearside born people over for the heavy industry played and managed early Athletic teams.
One of my favourite Spanish teams too, they love their football and their club more than most, if all clubs were ran like they were the game would be in a better state.
Links with Consett and the steel works since the mid 1800s as well

Well done to you mate…and “yes” count me in

Back