Bikers of the smb

[/QUOTE]
we went to norway for bike rallies a couple of times, lovely country for riding. how are you getting over? are you riding up from holland? there used to be a ferry to norway from newcastle but it got taken off, even the one from harwich was cancelled.
done spain/portugal but it was only ever straight down to the algarve. folk rave about the picos mountains. most of the people i'd get talking to on the ferry would be heading there.
I used to work summer in Norway so been biking there about 15 times. I used to do the North Shield-Bergen route and then Esbjerg ferry when the Bergen one stopped. We'll be going Harwich to Hook of Holland and the Hirtshal to Kristiansand.
Spain Portugal will be ferry to Santander then following the coast down to Porto and back through the Picos. I've done the Picos 3 or 4 times now and love it. It's not too hot like the rest of Spain, perfect for biking.

anyone else looking forward to getting out and about again when it stops raining? any new bikes for anyone?
just been out finishing a bit work on my triumph, started 3rd kick after not being running for over a year now, canny chuffed apart from running a bit lumpy on one cylinder but that'll be something or nowt-hopefully.
Went out for quick blast yesterday. I've rode all through the winter -just an hour every three weeks.

i like harleys, never been my cup of tea the v rods but know quite a few who have had them and loved them. some of h/d folk can be quite snobbish about what is a 'real' harley. it's quite sad really.
i like all sorts of bikes but we all have a preference to a certain style/manufacturer.
To be fair a lot of things are like that, I've tried taking up different hobbies and you do the thing of joining groups but they are full of absolute helmets 🤣
2689 n that’s without getting lost which will happen 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

Only done 1 previous in 2022 to Spain n Portugal which was superb.
They done one last year but I duffed it.

I’ve heard Norway is fantastic on a bike but expensive when there.
Yeah I’m lucky n do shift work of 4 on 4 off so can utilise days to go otherwise I’d be struggling.

Where in Spain n Portugal ya going as done some of that in 2022.

Will have to learn how to post pics mate but will try 👌🏼

We went through the Picos in 2022 from Santander working our way to Santiago de Compostela n headed south down to Porto n across to Covilha before heading back up to the ferry.
Superb ride.
To get pictures on here I have found

Upload the photo.

Copy the direct link when it uploads then paste it into here using the little picture icon. Do one and you can do it all
My luck. Just put the battery on in preparation for the mot and it won't start. Fuel ok, spark ok, bloody winter laydowns.
I always try and start it at least once per week throughout the year to try and avoid this

Last edited:
To be fair a lot of things are like that, I've tried taking up different hobbies and you do the thing of joining groups but they are full of absolute helmets 🤣

Upload the photo.

Copy the direct link when it uploads then paste it into here using the little picture icon. Do one and you can do it all

I always try and start it at least once per week throughout the year to try and avoid this
Tbh that can be worse, unless you let it warm up fully to eliminate condensation issues.

Always run it for a while
Always best if that’s your method.

My winter lay down technique, I always fill the tank with premium fuel on the way home on my final ride of the year, get home and remove the battery, put it in the house and charge it fully. 5-6 months later, battery back on and it always fires up instantly.

Apart from this time. :lol:

tbh, the only time i've been out on mine since november was to a mates funeral in february and it was bastard freezing. not for him like :D
Ditto as don’t ride all year round 🥶🥶

Upload the photo.

Cheers for that marra 👌🏼
I’ll try n post sumit from the 2022 tour here as will get the son to supervise but will be Wednesday as on the drink tomorrow with 3 of tour lads 👌😂😂

Last edited:
I miss the sound and smell of two strokes.

There was nowt like being flat on the tank holding your fork leg to get that extra bit speed.

If I do find myself behind a rare two stroke when I’m in the car I wind the window down to get the proper noise and smell.

Very close to putting my signature on a new Z900 performance my24. But................something just holding me back, should just go for it!
A mate of mine has just bought one, he already has two bikes and his missus told him she didn't mind him getting an old retro bike for pottering about on so he got a Z900. She was expecting him to sell one of his other bikes and buy an old Triumph or something. 😊
He loves it btw.

A mate of mine has just bought one, he already has two bikes and his missus told him she didn't mind him getting an old retro bike for pottering about on so he got a Z900. She was expecting him to sell one of his other bikes and buy an old Triumph or something. 😊
He loves it btw.
Problem I have is we converted garage to a kitchen, and really don't want the bike in full view, we`ll see what happens

Another one I quite fancy , dunno if the Harley mob will allow me like🤣

whey aye man...get it bought
i like harleys, never been my cup of tea the v rods but know quite a few who have had them and loved them. some of h/d folk can be quite snobbish about what is a 'real' harley. it's quite sad really.
i like all sorts of bikes but we all have a preference to a certain style/manufacturer.
problem with V-rods...they stopped building them a few years back...so not sure about getting parts...
not many snobs in Geordie Chapter... anyone is welcome

Last edited:
problem with V-rods...they stopped building them a few years back...so not sure about getting parts...
not many snobs in Geordie Chapter... anyone is welcome.
do they still do the heart & soul? it was on at the racecourse last time i went.
there was also a canny halloween do over at armathwaite then moved to otterburn they used to put on. scraping ice off the tent man 🥶

Back