Bikers of the smb

anyone else looking forward to getting out and about again when it stops raining? any new bikes for anyone?
just been out finishing a bit work on my triumph, started 3rd kick after not being running for over a year now, canny chuffed apart from running a bit lumpy on one cylinder but that'll be something or nowt-hopefully.

anyone else looking forward to getting out and about again when it stops raining? any new bikes for anyone?
just been out finishing a bit work on my triumph, started 3rd kick after not being running for over a year now, canny chuffed apart from running a bit lumpy on one cylinder but that'll be something or nowt-hopefully.
Been out whenever there's been a break and commuted to work in the few dry days. I did get caught out in the rain one morning as the weather app lied and said light drizzle but it was torrential rain and I had already committed. Bike wise I have been looking although dreaming at this stage, switching between an Africa twin, vfr 1200 and rocket 3, yes totally different bikes but would all be a lot more comfortable for the planned cruises (in my head) once my mate passes

I've not long passed my test and bought an MT07. Looking forward to some nicer weather but the uplift in bike theft in the NE is worrying. Loads of stories of lads nicking bikes going round at the moment.

I've not long passed my test and bought an MT07. Looking forward to some nicer weather but the uplift in bike theft in the NE is worrying. Loads of stories of lads nicking bikes going round at the moment.
Always has been but I think the scumbags can't easily nick cars these days so bikes are more accessible. The best you can do really is lock both wheels and lock it to a ground anchor and not leave it out in the open. Just about any lock can be cut or drilled though so it's just case of slowing them down or putting them off completely. Be sensible,don't show it off or leave it where someone can have time on it

Ain’t been out on my GSA since a camping trip to the lakes in august last year.
6 of us off on European tour in May that takes in ride through Holland off the ferry at Ijmuiden to :
Magdeburg Germany
Kozuchow Poland
Broumov CZ Rep
Terchova CZ Rep
Budapest Hungary
Lake Balaton Hungary
Zagreb Croatia
Senji Croatia
Lublijana Slovenia
Kranjska Slovenia
Nuremberg Germany
Cologne Germany
Ijmuiden ferry back.
16 days tour 🏍️🏍️🏍️🏍️🏍️🏍️

6 of us off on European tour in May that takes in ride through Holland off the ferry at Ijmuiden to :
Magdeburg Germany
Kozuchow Poland
Broumov CZ Rep
Terchova CZ Rep
Budapest Hungary
Lake Balaton Hungary
Zagreb Croatia
Senji Croatia
Lublijana Slovenia
Kranjska Slovenia
Nuremberg Germany
Cologne Germany
Ijmuiden ferry back.
Sounds good, a lot of mileage in 16 days.

Magdeburg Germany
Kozuchow Poland
Broumov CZ Rep
Terchova CZ Rep
Budapest Hungary
Lake Balaton Hungary
Zagreb Croatia
Senji Croatia
Lublijana Slovenia
Kranjska Slovenia
Nuremberg Germany
Cologne Germany
Ijmuiden ferry back.
Jealous of that mind, haven't got the holidays or the biker mates tondo owt like that🤣

i've always thought if they want it they'll get it but i think it's the casual scumbag you want to deter when you're out and about.
even now i always make sure no-one is following me on the way home and when it goes in the garage. many a time i've carried on riding past the house if i'm suspicious.
in the garage, a good ground anchor/lock/door alarm is vital and never forget to use them.
out and about just use common sense where you leave it and always use any security you're carrying. no good thinking i'm only nipping into the shop for a minute to come out and it's gone.
hope you enjoy your new bike mate.

Magdeburg Germany
Kozuchow Poland
Broumov CZ Rep
Terchova CZ Rep
Budapest Hungary
Lake Balaton Hungary
Zagreb Croatia
Senji Croatia
Lublijana Slovenia
Kranjska Slovenia
Nuremberg Germany
Cologne Germany
Ijmuiden ferry back.
sounds class. get some pictures when you're away and post them on here.
I'm off to Norway in July and loads of mates were interested in joining me. Once they look at the logistics they realise they can't do 14 days away. I managed to get it down to 12 and one mate has committed to go.
June I'm off to Spain and Portugal, 6 of us going because a week away is much more manageable.
we went to norway for bike rallies a couple of times, lovely country for riding. how are you getting over? are you riding up from holland? there used to be a ferry to norway from newcastle but it got taken off, even the one from harwich was cancelled.
done spain/portugal but it was only ever straight down to the algarve. folk rave about the picos mountains. most of the people i'd get talking to on the ferry would be heading there.

Last edited:
Booked into Barkers for an MOT on Friday, be taxing it for 6 months start of May. Hopefully get a few more miles in this year than i did last.

i've always thought if they want it they'll get it but i think it's the casual scumbag you want to deter when you're out and about.
even now i always make sure no-one is following me on the way home and when it goes in the garage. many a time i've carried on riding past the house if i'm suspicious.
in the garage, a good ground anchor/lock/door alarm is vital and never forget to use them.
out and about just use common sense where you leave it and always use any security you're carrying. no good thinking i'm only nipping into the shop for a minute to come out and it's gone.
hope you enjoy your new bike mate.
I've probably said on this thread there's lads going about on scooters,if it's not at least locked up they quickly snap the steering lock and push it away with the scooter, gone in literally seconds.

Sounds good, a lot of mileage in 16 days.
2689 n that’s without getting lost which will happen 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂
Jealous of that mind, haven't got the holidays or the biker mates tondo owt like that🤣
Only done 1 previous in 2022 to Spain n Portugal which was superb.
They done one last year but I duffed it.
I'm off to Norway in July and loads of mates were interested in joining me. Once they look at the logistics they realise they can't do 14 days away. I managed to get it down to 12 and one mate has committed to go.
June I'm off to Spain and Portugal, 6 of us going because a week away is much more manageable.
I’ve heard Norway is fantastic on a bike but expensive when there.
Yeah I’m lucky n do shift work of 4 on 4 off so can utilise days to go otherwise I’d be struggling.

Where in Spain n Portugal ya going as done some of that in 2022.

we went to norway for bike rallies a couple of times, lovely country for riding. how are you getting over? are you riding up from holland? there used to be a ferry to norway from newcastle but it got taken off, even the one from harwich was cancelled.
done spain/portugal but it was only ever straight down to the algarve. folk rave about the picos mountains. most of the people i'd get talking to on the ferry would be heading there.
Will have to learn how to post pics mate but will try 👌🏼

We went through the Picos in 2022 from Santander working our way to Santiago de Compostela n headed south down to Porto n across to Covilha before heading back up to the ferry.
Superb ride.

Last edited:
Another one I quite fancy , dunno if the Harley mob will allow me like🤣

i like harleys, never been my cup of tea the v rods but know quite a few who have had them and loved them. some of h/d folk can be quite snobbish about what is a 'real' harley. it's quite sad really.
i like all sorts of bikes but we all have a preference to a certain style/manufacturer.

Anyone have a Chopper style one with the raised up handlebars? I've always wondered how people can ride for long distances and not lose all feeling in their hands doing that.

Back