Bikers of the smb

I've been saying the same for years. When it rains you might as well use cheaper 100% waterproof gear. I've been a fan of flexothane since Rukka used it in the 70's, sadly Rukka don't use flexothane anymore since they went into the top end designer stuff.

I've been saying the same for years. When it rains you might as well use cheaper 100% waterproof gear. I've been a fan of flexothane since Rukka used it in the 70's, sadly Rukka don't use flexothane anymore since they went into the top end designer stuff.
3 Days in the rain on NC 500 last year, mate had the Alpinestars dry star jacket and jeans, paid less than £400 was dry as a bone. My jacket isn't waterproof, so I've got a cheap waterproof which I whip out when it rains. I need to invest in some better gear tbh.

If its wet, you're getting wet. No amount og gear will save you from hours of soaking.

the best waterproofs i've ever used was an old oilskin suit my mate gave be from when he worked on the rigs, bright orange so looked like a tit and sweated like mad in it but dry as a bone.
nowadays it's army goretex overtrousers and an old triumph overjacket that always leaks at the neck and the crotch which isn't a good look when you take them off :D

hein gericke used to do some great waterproofs. it's a shame they're no more.

If its wet, you're getting wet. No amount og gear will save you from hours of soaking.
Honestly the Rukka gear from the 70's and 80's would keep you 100% dry even if you rode all day in pissing rain. I still have an all in one suit but I'm too embarrassed to wear it.

3 Days in the rain on NC 500 last year, mate had the Alpinestars dry star jacket and jeans, paid less than £400 was dry as a bone. My jacket isn't waterproof, so I've got a cheap waterproof which I whip out when it rains. I need to invest in some better gear tbh.
I’ve got the alpinestars jacket n trousers n been bone dry when it’s rained.
Done a tour last year n was heading for the ferry at Plymouth n it absolutely hoyed it down. My cousins son had bought a cheaper similar style suit online n it leaked on the zips so he wasn’t best pleased.

I’ve got the alpinestars jacket n trousers n been bone dry when it’s rained.
Done a tour last year n was heading for the ferry at Plymouth n it absolutely hoyed it down. My cousins son had bought a cheaper similar style suit online n it leaked on the zips so he wasn’t best pleased.
I'm tempted by the Alpinestars gear. I've heard Oxford Mondial is good too.

Back