Bikers of the smb

Adventure (tallrounders) bikes, never got them myself. The original BMW R80gs was a proper adventure bike and would still run rings around todays bikes because it was (relatively) light and you could get both feet on the ground at a standstill. Todays Tallrounders are just too tall and too heavy, I've seen at least 4 in the past 2 years fall over at a standstill because the rider didn't get his correct foot down in time.
They're just tourers in disguise ,higher riding position
And yes on the r80g/s
I had one ,86 to 91
Seen my new favourite bike

Quite stealthy

Last edited:

Making progress down some bumpy roads this morning and suddenly the front brake reservoir started to flap about only held on by the rubber brake line. Luckily the brake still worked so I returned home thinking I had a spare bracket. I did but it's from a Mille/Futura/Falco and doesn't fit a Tuono. Aprilia Performance have them in stock so £14 + postage and it'll be back on the road.

Logon or register to see this image

Looks like I'm going to have to use the RC30 for a few days now. :D

Making progress down some bumpy roads this morning and suddenly the front brake reservoir started to flap about only held on by the rubber brake line. Luckily the brake still worked so I returned home thinking I had a spare bracket. I did but it's from a Mille/Futura/Falco and doesn't fit a Tuono. Aprilia Performance have them in stock so £14 + postage and it'll be back on the road.

Your hand is never out of your pocket with a bike is it.😢

I was over the moon it was only £14, I was expecting more and it to be unavailable. They are available in carbon for £75 I've been told 🤣, guaranteed to knock 4 seconds off your lap times.

Poor you!

Went out today after being bored of sitting about, wasn't to bad doing motorway speeds but you could feel the heat in the helmet and whenever you stopped I absolutely melted. The vfr stood up to be fair, I know they run notoriously hot but stayed under 100° for the most part. Maybes the engine ice coolant isn't such a con afterall. Had no real direction today but ended up here for an ice cream but there wasn't anything here just the stuff from the kubix

Went out today after being bored of sitting about, wasn't to bad doing motorway speeds but you could feel the heat in the helmet and whenever you stopped I absolutely melted. The vfr stood up to be fair, I know they run notoriously hot but stayed under 100° for the most part. Maybes the engine ice coolant isn't such a con afterall. Had no real direction today but ended up here for an ice cream but there wasn't anything here just the stuff from the kubix
I quite like these and have always fancied one. Any good, i know the y handle rhe miles well enough. Superbike looks with touring capabilities. Love the single sided arm too, one of the main reasons i went for the CB1000R.

I quite like these and have always fancied one. Any good, i know the y handle rhe miles well enough. Superbike looks with touring capabilities. Love the single sided arm too, one of the main reasons i went for the CB1000R.
I've only had this and a hornet 600 so don't know really. I only bought it for the looks and as you say the single swingarm. It's a big lump I can tell you that

Back