Biggest rail strike since the 80s

Nope.
Mick Lynch is only wanting to get the deal that the Membership wanted well over a year ago.
The membership decide on this, not him.
I hope the members get what they want but I cannot get behind this fella. I may be wrong but he seems to have a political agenda and I’m not sure it’s aligned with his members greater needs.

The workers need a pay rise and security over their terms and conditions, perfectly reasonable in my view but Mick, well Mick is a red under the bed, I don’t trust him.

In other news ScotRail drivers rejected 5% 1 year pay deal. It was rejected by approx 34 votes. Personally I voted against it so let's see what comes of this north of the border.

Lazy feckers, sack em all and give jobs to those who want to work.

Said as someone who has not been on a train for 10yrs, and has no intention of doing so in the near future. ;)

I hope the members get what they want but I cannot get behind this fella. I may be wrong but he seems to have a political agenda and I’m not sure it’s aligned with his members greater needs.

The workers need a pay rise and security over their terms and conditions, perfectly reasonable in my view but Mick, well Mick is a red under the bed, I don’t trust him.
Mick is an excellent union leader.

Being a leader of a big union you can’t avoid politics, that’s what it’s all about. Don’t know why you don’t trust him, he’s one of the few people who speaks from the heart, you know what you’re getting with him.

Well he certainly dumps your Tory heroes on their arses every time they go up against him, if that's what you mean🤪

Let’s be honest, they’re not going to win if they haven’t already
This. But don’t tell them on here oh dear me there will be hell on.

And they will let everything settle down and a few months later introduce changes to the T&Cs, it’s classic tactics.

The workers will have been worn down by the strikes and the pressures on their families and will not resist.

A real shame.

Being a leader of a big union you can’t avoid politics, that’s what it’s all about. Don’t know why you don’t trust him, he’s one of the few people who speaks from the heart, you know what you’re getting with him.
Exactly . I think some people don't understand honesty as they are so used to lying politicians. A guy like Mick Lynch comes along and it confuses them. Too good to be true etc. Either that or they don't like anything left wing because they are mistaking it all for a footy match where you have to blindly follow your team, corrupt or not.

I haven't used a ticket office in 10 years and only 10% of tickets are sold that way. Fair enough keeping them at major stations but they do seem to be a waste of space and money at smaller ones. Better to have the staff out on stations rather than stuck behind a window. The London Underground closed most of their ticket offices over recent years with no adverse effects.

Should have a railway to be proud of in this country. Tens of billions wasted on the vanity project of HS2. A fraction of that could have been spent on new fleets of trains that are actually fit for purpose. More staff and trains are needed not cuts to staff and services. All being done to make sure the shareholders get their money.

Should have a railway to be proud of in this country. Tens of billions wasted on the vanity project of HS2. A fraction of that could have been spent on new fleets of trains that are actually fit for purpose. More staff and trains are needed not cuts to staff and services. All being done to make sure the shareholders get their money.

If we want a railway to be proud of then that means investing in high speed lines. Should have done it 30 years ago but better late than never.

Spending the money just on new trains might make the journeys more comfortable but doesn't increase capacity at all.

Back