Biggest musical regrets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not going to see the Arctic Monkeys at the Sunderland Student Union before the release of their first album.
Not punching my mate when he put the album version of "Paradise by the dashboard light" on the pub jukebox, all 8 and a half bloody minutes of it ffs.
:lol:

A couple of years ago we were in Osbourne's in Durham one Saturday afternoon and naturally I'd hijacked the jukebox as soon as we got there. I had this fat wife absolutely raging as all 12 minutes of The End by The Doors was playing out. "What the hell's this shit. This is a disgrace this like. Who the fuck's put this on." The pig faced f***ing bitch. I was pissing mesell laughing at her by the time When The Music's Over came on next. :lol:

Two songs, 22 minutes, on irate fat bitch - got me money's worth there like. :lol:

Had the choice back in the 80s to see Lizzy on their final Thunder & Lightning tour or (i think) Saxon.....guess which we chose

Considered Hyde Park a few years back to see Tom Petty, but thought, nah just see him next time around.......

The Stone Roses at Whitley Bay. I went on holiday the day the tickets went on sale and then the night of the gig (which I probably would have been able to get a ticket off a tout) I couldn't be arsed to go up

Didn’t go to see Springsteen at Madison Square Gardens, whilst in New York, coz Mrs Kaplan thought the seats were too near the stage.

Didn’t go to see Springsteen at Madison Square Gardens, whilst in New York, coz Mrs Kaplan thought the seats were too near the stage.

ah mate, at least my excuse for that was financial. That would haunt me to my grave.
The Stone Roses at Whitley Bay. I went on holiday the day the tickets went on sale and then the night of the gig (which I probably would have been able to get a ticket off a tout) I couldn't be arsed to go up

likewise I was in lloret de mar when it was announced. Prior to internet I had no idea until I landed in Manchester, picked up an NME to see the full page tour advert with sold out across each venue.
thankfully my brother had got me one when he sorted his but I’ll never forget the shock and disappointment when seeing that NME
Lad who lived over the road had a spare for The Buzzcocks/Joy Division at The City Hall in Oct 1979 and I turned it down reasoning that I had too much homework on and anyway Joy Division would bound to be back again in the near future..erm.....:cry:

that’s a harsh one. I’d be gutted with that.

Last edited:
I had a Bad Co ticket for Leeds in the early 70s but some bastard nicked it.
Bought one for Sting/Gabriel/Tracy Chapman and so on for Japan in the 90s but the concert was cancelled.
Was tempted to see Steve Marriott's packet of 3 in Tokyo but decided against it.
Should have gone to see Roger Chapman at Newcastle last year.
Didn't go to see the Free line up with Tetsu & Rabbit at Sheffield in the 70s when I had the chance to - was pretty skint and a pair of tits from Hull distracted me (she was lush though).
Should have gone to see Bowie at Sunderland but the whole make up bit of the fans put me off.
IOW - didn't have the dosh.
Chappo was very good, as usual. You would have enjoyed the gig.

My big regret is that I've never seen the Stones live. Not a huge fan, but would like to be able to say I had.

We saw Basement Jaxx instead of Macca at Glastonbury years back. I had a good time mind. :lol: 🤷‍♂️

I was a bit too drunk when I saw the Beastie Boys too. Although I did enjoy that also.

Waiting my whole life to see Bruce Spingsteen, and when he shows up on my doorstep I get that pissed along with the old man to remember a thing.

I’m blaming @Ghandi Floss for this, and I know my mam does for getting the old man in the state he was.

Not going to see the Sex Pistols down London in 1996..still bugs me now.
I went to see them in Brixton in 2007. People can say they were only in it for the cash, they are hypocrites etc. but what a great gig. Some of the best songs ever and the original members sounding really powerful. It was a brilliant night - my mate lost his shoe in the crowd.

The White Stripes - had tickets for the Arena but they cancelled and then split up.
Lou Reed - had a ticket to see him at the Sage but ended up selling the ticket for a weekend away with my mates.
Prince - was going to get tickets when he played in Leeds a few years ago but didn't in the end.
Same with MJ at the o2.
Going to see Portishead at Glastonbury instead of Arctic Monkeys. Don't get me wrong, Portishead were good but Arctic Monkeys were incredible.

Last edited:
Only really regret not going down to see the Chapman Family play their final gig in Stockton. Wish I could have seen the Crookes play their final gig in Sheffield as well but was living overseas at the time.

I've seen the Fall, seen Bruce a few times. Seen Radiohead at the Roundhouse. I'm doing canny well for ticking off the big hitters.

Got to see Scott from Frightened Rabbit play a few songs in a bandstand in Islington not long before the sad news. I'll always be thankful for dragging mesel out of the house to go down and see that one.

I went to see them in Brixton in 2007. People can say they were only in it for the cash, they are hypocrites etc. but what a great gig. Some of the best songs ever and the original members sounding really powerful. It was a brilliant night - my mate lost his shoe in the crowd.

To be honest those gigs were sold out before I knew what was going on..don’t think they’ll play again like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back