Biggest Covid study yet

Hopefully they can nail down if their is a preventable cause that is causing problems from the vaccine and make it safer to take. I've had most covid jabs and no serious problems but I have ended up with frozen shoulder on one side and I'm sure there's a bit more evidence now that it can effect joints.

I think it's about time that we are able to have a mature, sensible discussion about risks and rewards for the various Covid jabs without the immediate suggestions of going and fitting yourself out for a tin-foil hat being thrown, and on the other side - without the automatic assumption that if you mention side effects you're accusing Bill Gates, Roland Rat and co of wanting to kill off mankind. The discussion's been too blooming toxic for far too long.

I've mentioned it before on here but I've had a run of issues since the Astra-Zeneca second jab - awful skin issues where the skin on my palms and soles of my feet is absolutely burning and nothing relieves it, joint pains that are so deep within the joint and intense I end up in tears, periods of what I can only describe as "jelly-legs" and until quite recently I kept very quiet about it, hoped that they wouldn't push through any mandatory boosters for my job because I didn't want to make things even worse, and just gritted my teeth through it all - because for a good long while if you spoke any ill of the vaccine you were immediately lumped in with the conspiracy theory nut jobs.

I'm not one of them - all medicines have side-effects and someone, somewhere is statistically likely to get hit with the bad luck stick - and on this particular occasion, I just happened to be one of the unlucky buggers who reacted badly to it - and unfortunately I had this reaction to an incredibly politicised vaccine and people wouldn't have been the same if it was something more mundane like the flu jab that had caused me a bad time. Taken me until last month to brave going to the GP and asking for some investigations to be done in terms of what I'm experiencing - not expecting any massive solutions, but just a better management plan than throwing the medicine aisle of Tesco at the problem.

I also think that in terms of the sheer number of boosters that were needed - there need to be discussions regarding the cost-benefit of that going forward because that level of mass vaccination is simply not sustainable on an economic (and NHS staffing) level.

There's nowt conspiracy theory about what you've posted and I thank you for your sensible post and hope your health improves.

On the flip side I know someone who refused to get the vaccine after it was developed, openly boasted about the fact and rolled off every conspiracy theory under the sun as to why he wasn't getting it. Caught covid, nearly died and spent 4 months in hospital. He can't walk unaided still today, still refuses to get any vaccinations and still sticks to his barmy Chinese government theories etc.

My original post wasn't to shut down sensible discussion, I don't know why that Vincent Vega poster jumped in and immediately made himself out to be some kind of victim.

Just been on the news there. Findings show the vaccine can lead to a number of health issues, including heart and brain defects. However it reassured that the study also confirmed its still a relatively small risk and you're more likely to suffer heart issues from Covid itself. It then went on to say take up of boosters this year expected to be much lower than previous rounds. Suppose if nothing else it reminds people Covid hasn't gone away.
How do they measure uptake? Is it just how many people get it? I was offered it the 1st few years but not this (I've asthma but not classed as high risk).

There's nowt conspiracy theory about what you've posted and I thank you for your sensible post and hope your health improves.

On the flip side I know someone who refused to get the vaccine after it was developed, openly boasted about the fact and rolled off every conspiracy theory under the sun as to why he wasn't getting it. Caught covid, nearly died and spent 4 months in hospital. He can't walk unaided still today, still refuses to get any vaccinations and still sticks to his barmy Chinese government theories etc.

My original post wasn't to shut down sensible discussion, I don't know why that Vincent Vega poster jumped in and immediately made himself out to be some kind of victim.

I'm sure there was a time when anyone who suggested the possibility of adverse reactions to this particular medication were written off as conspiracy theorists and now it is slowly being accepted as fact. The debate appears to be moving towards the numbers negatively affected rather than a flat out denial of it won't happen because it is completely safe.

So who decides when a conspiracy theory becomes a reality?

I also know people who had strokes after the vaccine, of course its possible they'd have had them anyway but you can understand why people will be concerned when these studies are saying the vaccines can cause blood clots on the brain and strokes?

Findings show the vaccine can lead to a number of health issues
Which one? It looks like the AstraZeneca one was a bit dodgy.

"on 7 April, after 79 AstraZeneca recipients experienced rare blood clots, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) recommended that alternative vaccines should be offered to under-30s – soon updated to the under-40s."

I had COVID and was mildly unwell for a few days. I had three vaccines and was very ill and pretty much incapacitated for a few days each time. I haven’t had any since nor will I be getting another again - the cure was worse than the disease for me.
Same here, plus my arm was killing where the needle went in. I won't be getting any more.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if the vast majority is the case. The chances of my daughter becoming very unwell due to covid as a 20 odd yr old , health lass were minimal but the blanket decision to vaccinate everyone was crackers. Yes, the elderly, obese, long term conditions….. yes but that’s not the majority
I agree with this. During the pandemic I caught covid twice (that I know of) and had virtually no symptoms other than loss of smell/taste. Otherwise completely fit and healthy. I’m 40.

I avoided the vaccines for a while as I felt I didn’t need them despite the constant bullying into it by society, peers, colleagues etc which was annoying. The final thing that forced me was the lack of ability to travel which effectively inhibited me doing my job and I reluctantly had the first 2 vaccines to pass the “fully vaccinated” criteria everyone wanted.

I fundamentally disagree with being coerced into something I didn’t want to do but I had no choice and I think that was a shameful way for people to be treated. I agree with vaccines generally and the ability for people to make their own choices but the way society forced fit and healthy people into taking something they didn’t need was a disgrace. Only time will tell whether it was the right move.

I was absolutely adamant my son wouldn’t be vaccinated and thank god they never made it mandatory for kids.

The vaccine like any vaccine has potential side affects its the same as if you have an operation you are told of potential other risk but risks are way shorter than not having a vaccine or an operation. The conspiracy nuts are knackers who just try and scare people who are potentially vulnerable from not having the vaccine, that with they probably soft shites who are scared of needles..I had covid before vaccines came out and I was off work 6 months and was proper ill. Since them I have had all my boosters and had covid again I was ill for couple of weeks but no where near bad as first time. The vaccine does not stop u getting covid but helps stopping you becoming seriously ill. I will be getting another jab this year

I'm sure there was a time when anyone who suggested the possibility of adverse reactions to this particular medication were written off as conspiracy theorists and now it is slowly being accepted as fact. The debate appears to be moving towards the numbers negatively affected rather than a flat out denial of it won't happen because it is completely safe.

So who decides when a conspiracy theory becomes a reality?

Well no sensible person would write off anybody's concern about adverse reactions (I had one myself to the polio jab in junior school) but that's not really conspiracy stuff.

Refusing to get it because people thought Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos/the Chinese government/WEF/Taylor Swift was trying to control their mind is conspiracy stuff. Developed by big pharma who already had a vaccine lined up to fleece governments is another. I expect the next one will be big pharma deliberately made it give people ongoing health problems so they could earn from that.

There are valid questions to be asked around this imo.

Far too often people are labelled as conspiracy theorists for even wanting to talk about the impact of COVID vaccines.

They didn't have the luxury of time during the pandemic but really what is stopping them undertaking thorough research on this now and sharing the findings?

Millions of people followed government advice at the time, feels like they have a right to understand some of the potential lasting impacts.

Well no sensible person would write off anybody's concern about adverse reactions (I had one myself to the polio jab in junior school) but that's not really conspiracy stuff.

Refusing to get it because people thought Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos/the Chinese government/WEF/Taylor Swift was trying to control their mind is conspiracy stuff. Developed by big pharma who already had a vaccine lined up to fleece governments is another. I expect the next one will be big pharma deliberately made it give people ongoing health problems so they could earn from that.
But you're the only person bringing that stuff into this thread Paddy.

have they worked out if the vaccine helped slow transmission? isnt that one of the benefits from any vaccine? even if its only a couple of percent help, that is the reason for young uns to take it. to stop them passing it on to their granny.
If the vaccine slowed transmission then 300000 people per day wouldn’t have tested positive. It massively reduces the chances of getting properly unwell, not getting it.
Maybe younger people wouldn't have been as unwell, but the vaccine also reduced transmission.
No it didn’t.
I agree with this. During the pandemic I caught covid twice (that I know of) and had virtually no symptoms other than loss of smell/taste. Otherwise completely fit and healthy. I’m 40.

I avoided the vaccines for a while as I felt I didn’t need them despite the constant bullying into it by society, peers, colleagues etc which was annoying. The final thing that forced me was the lack of ability to travel which effectively inhibited me doing my job and I reluctantly had the first 2 vaccines to pass the “fully vaccinated” criteria everyone wanted.

I fundamentally disagree with being coerced into something I didn’t want to do but I had no choice and I think that was a shameful way for people to be treated. I agree with vaccines generally and the ability for people to make their own choices but the way society forced fit and healthy people into taking something they didn’t need was a disgrace. Only time will tell whether it was the right move.

I was absolutely adamant my son wouldn’t be vaccinated and thank god they never made it mandatory for kids.
I work in health care and chose to have it straight away even though healthy. Mainly what was discovered in China and Italy was part of the factors of how unwell people got was also the viral load people got. Some doctors and nurses were literally bathing in it before ppe was worn and died due to the load . The vaccine may have reduced tha load shed but people still shed and people still caught it.

Last edited:
If the vaccine slowed transmission then 300000 people per day wouldn’t have tested positive. It massively reduces the chances of getting properly unwell, not getting it.

No it didn’t.
How could it be determined who would or wouldn't become seriously ill besides the obvious groups with health conditions? The vaccine wasn't going to eliminate Covid, but was it to keep as many people as possible out of intensive care?

No it didn’t.

I work in health care and chose to have it straight away even though healthy. Mainly what was discovered in China and Italy was part of the factors of how unwell people got was also the viral load people got. Some doctors and nurses were literally bathing in it before ppe was worn and died due to the load . The vaccine may have reduced tha load shed but people still shed and people still caught it.
My wife is front line NHS and worked on wards throughout the pandemic and caught it the same amount of times as me and had the same symptoms. I think you are either susceptible to it or you are not, whether you work in a health care setting or not. In the same way she should have been free to make her choice about whether she wanted to take the vaccine or not - for her she was happy to and that's up to her - but its morally repugnant for an employer to have mandated it.

Back