Biggest Covid study yet

I've still not had any. I have a condition that puts me at higher risk but there's also potential greater issues too if the vaccine didn't agree with me (the MiL took really bad the day after her vaccine, developing Shingles and facial palsy. Thankfully all was well again after a few months). I've had Covid and tbf the first days floored me but after that was like a cold. It was only late last year the NHS decided to write out and inform me of being higher risk and to seek immediate attention if I test positive. The horse had bolted and retired to a Caribbean island by that point :lol:

Suppose people need to weigh everything up but it's clear to see the correlation between vaccine roll out and reduced deaths.

have they worked out if the vaccine helped slow transmission? isnt that one of the benefits from any vaccine? even if its only a couple of percent help, that is the reason for young uns to take it. to stop them passing it on to their granny.

Surely if the medication was 99% effective at preventing serious illness as claimed then granny would be protected regardless?

Why would we then play Russian roulette with the health of millions of young people who are at minimal risk of the virus by asking them to take a medication with limited safety data & no long term data?

Yes, that's my first response. I don't mind and would encourage healthy discussion, but fruitcakes like Parm don't want that.

Vaccines have never been 100% perfect, newer ones even less so. They're developed for the greater good.

I think it's about time that we are able to have a mature, sensible discussion about risks and rewards for the various Covid jabs without the immediate suggestions of going and fitting yourself out for a tin-foil hat being thrown, and on the other side - without the automatic assumption that if you mention side effects you're accusing Bill Gates, Roland Rat and co of wanting to kill off mankind. The discussion's been too blooming toxic for far too long.

I've mentioned it before on here but I've had a run of issues since the Astra-Zeneca second jab - awful skin issues where the skin on my palms and soles of my feet is absolutely burning and nothing relieves it, joint pains that are so deep within the joint and intense I end up in tears, periods of what I can only describe as "jelly-legs" and until quite recently I kept very quiet about it, hoped that they wouldn't push through any mandatory boosters for my job because I didn't want to make things even worse, and just gritted my teeth through it all - because for a good long while if you spoke any ill of the vaccine you were immediately lumped in with the conspiracy theory nut jobs.

I'm not one of them - all medicines have side-effects and someone, somewhere is statistically likely to get hit with the bad luck stick - and on this particular occasion, I just happened to be one of the unlucky buggers who reacted badly to it - and unfortunately I had this reaction to an incredibly politicised vaccine and people wouldn't have been the same if it was something more mundane like the flu jab that had caused me a bad time. Taken me until last month to brave going to the GP and asking for some investigations to be done in terms of what I'm experiencing - not expecting any massive solutions, but just a better management plan than throwing the medicine aisle of Tesco at the problem.

I also think that in terms of the sheer number of boosters that were needed - there need to be discussions regarding the cost-benefit of that going forward because that level of mass vaccination is simply not sustainable on an economic (and NHS staffing) level.

I think it's about time that we are able to have a mature, sensible discussion about risks and rewards for the various Covid jabs without the immediate suggestions of going and fitting yourself out for a tin-foil hat being thrown, and on the other side - without the automatic assumption that if you mention side effects you're accusing Bill Gates, Roland Rat and co of wanting to kill off mankind. The discussion's been too blooming toxic for far too long.

I've mentioned it before on here but I've had a run of issues since the Astra-Zeneca second jab - awful skin issues where the skin on my palms and soles of my feet is absolutely burning and nothing relieves it, joint pains that are so deep within the joint and intense I end up in tears, periods of what I can only describe as "jelly-legs" and until quite recently I kept very quiet about it, hoped that they wouldn't push through any mandatory boosters for my job because I didn't want to make things even worse, and just gritted my teeth through it all - because for a good long while if you spoke any ill of the vaccine you were immediately lumped in with the conspiracy theory nut jobs.

I'm not one of them - all medicines have side-effects and someone, somewhere is statistically likely to get hit with the bad luck stick - and on this particular occasion, I just happened to be one of the unlucky buggers who reacted badly to it - and unfortunately I had this reaction to an incredibly politicised vaccine and people wouldn't have been the same if it was something more mundane like the flu jab that had caused me a bad time. Taken me until last month to brave going to the GP and asking for some investigations to be done in terms of what I'm experiencing - not expecting any massive solutions, but just a better management plan than throwing the medicine aisle of Tesco at the problem.

I also think that in terms of the sheer number of boosters that were needed - there need to be discussions regarding the cost-benefit of that going forward because that level of mass vaccination is simply not sustainable on an economic (and NHS staffing) level.
Good post some just can't help themselves with the smart arse comments.

Have I said that? I'm saying it shouldn't just be dismissed as conspiracy nonsense or a shrug of the shoulders.
People always said there could be some health issues and that individuals had to make up their own mind based on their own underlying health conditions etc, because that is how all vaccines, and medicine worse and always has done. The stuff labelled conspiracy nonsense was when fruitloop headbangers took it to extremes and claimed it to be much much worse than it was, or to control the public, or to put microchips in the population etc

People always said there could be some health issues and that individuals had to make up their own mind based on their own underlying health conditions etc, because that is how all vaccines, and medicine worse and always has done. The stuff labelled conspiracy nonsense was when fruitloop headbangers took it to extremes and claimed it to be much much worse than it was, or to control the public, or to put microchips in the population etc
"Some health issues" yeah lots of information for the public to go off there. That's the point in this thread, the experts, scientists etc have conducted studies and are now finding the potential negative health issues to be worse than they thought. Some of those really quite serious, life changing or ending illness.

Is that your first response, its concerning that the vaccine can cause these issues amongst some people especially given that covid was so mild for a fair percentage of people. It can't be right that some have come off worse by doing the right thing and getting vaccinated. Needs to be a more open discussion.
All medication is the same.
There's a theory going round that the vaccine has led to an increase in diabetes. No basis in fact like
The lockdown will have and working from home I bet.

Last edited:

The effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines to prevent long COVID symptoms: staggered cohort study of data from the UK, Spain, and Estonia​

Link

"Some health issues" yeah lots of information for the public to go off there. That's the point in this thread, the experts, scientists etc have conducted studies and are now finding the potential negative health issues to be worse than they thought. Some of those really quite serious, life changing or ending illness.
You make some good points.
Just because somebody has concerns about something and thinks the pros and cons need weighing up, doesn't necessarily mean they're some sort of conspiracy theorist nutcase

You make some good points.
Just because somebody has concerns about something and thinks the pros and cons need weighing up, doesn't necessarily mean they're some sort of conspiracy theorist nutcase
Yeah it's not like there hasn't been major fuck ups in medicine before. I've been vaccinated 3 times btw so I'm in no way against the jabs, however I'd like a bit more public attention/pressure into this as to me it is concerning and shouldn't just be laughed off.

Young people seem to suffer more from long Covid which can be devastating. The vaccine is now aimed at older people because they are most at risk of serious harm. Same with the flu vaccine.
Vaccines work, some better than others, and some people die every year from diseases others barely notice. Unless you know for sure what your reaction to a disease or a vaccine will be it’s always a case of balancing risks. Most people who get measles are poorly for a few days but some die or suffer life changing damage. If most people are immune then the chances of anyone who is susceptible to the worst effects of measles catching the disease are reduced and there’s always the possibility that it’s you or your loved ones. Diseases like polio and diphtheria used to kill hundreds, even thousands, in this country. Now nobody worries about them because vaccination has pretty much eradicated them in the U.K. though not everywhere. If you were travelling to a country suffering from a diphtheria outbreak would you have a booster and risk a possible side effect or take the risk bearing in mind how likely you are to catch it vs a kill rate of up to 10% if you do? The choice would be yours.

I had COVID and was mildly unwell for a few days. I had three vaccines and was very ill and pretty much incapacitated for a few days each time. I haven’t had any since nor will I be getting another again - the cure was worse than the disease for me.

For my 3rd vaccine I had pfizer for the 1st time. Collapsed not long after then diagnosed with a heart arrhythmia. Heart structure is good, no family history of heart problems and u have medical checks regularly. My immediate thought was the jab. I have read that some German health workers a looking to bring a case to court for similar problems. I can't be sure that it was the cause but won't have another vaccine while symptoms from covid seem mild. I still believe it was right to have the vaccines at that time.

Back