Biggest Covid study yet

dangermows

Striker
Just been on the news there. Findings show the vaccine can lead to a number of health issues, including heart and brain defects. However it reassured that the study also confirmed its still a relatively small risk and you're more likely to suffer heart issues from Covid itself. It then went on to say take up of boosters this year expected to be much lower than previous rounds. Suppose if nothing else it reminds people Covid hasn't gone away.

Just been on the news there. Findings show the vaccine can lead to a number of health issues, including heart and brain defects. However it reassured that the study also confirmed its still a relatively small risk and you're more likely to suffer heart issues from Covid itself. It then went on to say take up of boosters this year expected to be much lower than previous rounds. Suppose if nothing else it reminds people Covid hasn't gone away.

More fuel for the loony fringe conspiracy theorists.

More fuel for the loony fringe conspiracy theorists.
Is that your first response, its concerning that the vaccine can cause these issues amongst some people especially given that covid was so mild for a fair percentage of people. It can't be right that some have come off worse by doing the right thing and getting vaccinated. Needs to be a more open discussion.

Is that your first response, its concerning that the vaccine can cause these issues amongst some people especially given that covid was so mild for a fair percentage of people. It can't be right that some have come off worse by doing the right thing and getting vaccinated. Needs to be a more open discussion.

There is nothing new here. The vast majority of medicines since the beginning of time have had varying levels of side effects.

The point is exactly as outlined in the OP. The risk of serious health complications from contracting Covid are more serious than the risk of health complications from the vaccination.

We don’t live in a perfect World so it was a choice between only those 2 options. And for the vast majority taking the vaccine was the right choice.

That was pretty much the very early reports that came out in regards to benefits vs risk. I think the uptake will reflect that of the flu jab if offered when it goes up following a bad year. There’s been some massive numbers local to us recently of both but the one that’s closing wards is flu.

If you’re expecting medicine to be perfect for everyone you’d never take a tablet or have a doctor or nurse ever complete a procedure on you.

There is nothing new here. The vast majority of medicines since the beginning of time have had varying levels of side effects.

The point is exactly as outlined in the OP. The risk of serious health complications from contracting Covid are more serious than the risk of health complications from the vaccination.

We don’t live in a perfect World so it was a choice between only those 2 options. And for the vast majority taking the vaccine was the right choice.
Yes side effects are often expected, things also aren't normally taking at such a high scale within such a short amount of time though which is why it can be concerning and needs looked into and discussed openly. It isn't talking about becoming dizzy and light headed etc it's talking about heart inflammation, blood clots, strokes and Guillain-Barre syndrome.
If you’re expecting medicine to be perfect for everyone you’d never take a tablet or have a doctor or nurse ever complete a procedure on you.
Have I said that? I'm saying it shouldn't just be dismissed as conspiracy nonsense or a shrug of the shoulders.

That was pretty much the very early reports that came out in regards to benefits vs risk. I think the uptake will reflect that of the flu jab if offered when it goes up following a bad year. There’s been some massive numbers local to us recently of both but the one that’s closing wards is flu.

Through this study they've found more health issues than original thought. The risk v reward hasnt changed, more the amount of health issues than can be caused.

Last edited:

I’m not sure if the vast majority is the case. The chances of my daughter becoming very unwell due to covid as a 20 odd yr old , health lass were minimal but the blanket decision to vaccinate everyone was crackers. Yes, the elderly, obese, long term conditions….. yes but that’s not the majority

I’m not sure if the vast majority is the case. The chances of my daughter becoming very unwell due to covid as a 20 odd yr old , health lass were minimal but the blanket decision to vaccinate everyone was crackers. Yes, the elderly, obese, long term conditions….. yes but that’s not the majority
Aye that's what I think as well, the ill and elderly or those with conditions put them at risk should have been vaccinated. As mentioned above the risk vs reward becomes a lot less beneficial the younger and healthier you are. Someone ending up with one of those conditions for a disease that they'd have shrugged off like a cold can't be right.

Yes, that's my first response. I don't mind and would encourage healthy discussion, but fruitcakes like Parm don't want that.

Vaccines have never been 100% perfect, newer ones even less so. They're developed for the greater good.

I have to agree.

For a new medication with no long term safety data to be rolled out to the young & healthy who were at low risk of illness from Covid was suspect to say the least.

Given how ill I was with covid, I am glad I’d had 3 vaccinations. Could barely breathe
Suspect many like yourself and sadly many people passed away without having the opportunity to take it think exactly the same.
Vaccines seem to be a less popular option these days, Measels is on the rise as millions of kids have not had the MMR vaccine.

Yes, that's my first response. I don't mind and would encourage healthy discussion, but fruitcakes like Parm don't want that.

Vaccines have never been 100% perfect, newer ones even less so. They're developed for the greater good.
And what If they find one of the vaccines in particular has a much higher risk than the others? Do you not think it's worth talking about or looking into maybe improving the vaccines to reduce these side effects or suggest people with certain conditions don't take them etc?
Bit of a basic vaccines are good mindset tbh. Just because they were devolped for the greater good and with good will in mind doesn't mean mistakes couldn't have been made.

But FATAL for a fair few.

have they worked out if the vaccine helped slow transmission? isnt that one of the benefits from any vaccine? even if its only a couple of percent help, that is the reason for young uns to take it. to stop them passing it on to their granny.

Maybe younger people wouldn't have been as unwell, but the vaccine also reduced transmission.

Back