Big cats roaming in the north east

I live on Bodmin Moor and there’s quite a history of big cat stories in these parts.
I was out stalking a few months ago and saw a big black cat in the trees. I stopped me in my track about 100-130 mtrs away and I was sure it was something special. I stood and watched it for a few minutes when it got up and walked towards some sheep and when it got close and it then had something to compare it’s size too it was just a big black moggy. The neighbours farm cat that was probably eating rare song birds

Im not talking lions or tigers but a few years ago me and my mate were cycling down castle Eden walkway in the dark and saw eyes up ahead, we stopped and in our lights we could see a black big cat , bigger than a dog. True story but nee fucker believes us

its like a good start to a book ...... Although did it happen ? really ?

There was a dog walker from Durham on the news about 7-8 years ago, reckons he saw a mountain lion- I think that was Peterlee, Shotton way.

Aye I've mentioned before we were cycling that way before and near Wingate we saw something that looked like a puma or summit. Probably just a big moggie and the lie of the land played tricks on the eye but it certainly looked like that to us

I was working at a place a while back and they had 2 cats that were massive, biggest I've ever seen. The wife said they were a rare breed, easily bigger than some dogs, I could see how these from a distance could be confused for something like that.

I do as I have seen one down here.
Many years back out with the Mrs one Summer Evening walking along a Country Lane with the baby in the pram. Looked across a field and spotted a jet black cat, a little taller than a big Labrador but a lot slimmer and longer with a tail nearly touching the ground.
Watched it for 10 seconds before it disappeared over a dip.
The walk was like a stalking cat. No way a dog.
I seen one walking through a park in Swindon as it happens. It was dark and I was on my bike, made a sharp u-turn and went the long way. I could just see the silhouette and some eyes from around 100 yards. I was convinced it was a big cat at the time, just by it's shape and the way it moved but might not have been. Has there been other sightings round there then ?

Im not talking lions or tigers but a few years ago me and my mate were cycling down castle Eden walkway in the dark and saw eyes up ahead, we stopped and in our lights we could see a black big cat , bigger than a dog. True story but nee fucker believes us
Years ago I was driving back from Scotland, just outside of Stocksfield I saw a big and I mean big Cat cross the road and go through a hedge, I have no doubt it was the Durham Puma. nee fecker believes me either

I've mentioned this before on here but I was on the castle eden cycle path with my mate a few year back and we had a bit of "lads zany bantz" about how the beast would eat him as he was a fat fuck etc.
Then between Wingate and Castle Eden we saw what looked like a git big stocky big black cat.
Maybe a trick of the light or summit , I don't know, maybe summit else.......

Back