Big cats roaming in the north east

Im not talking lions or tigers but a few years ago me and my mate were cycling down castle Eden walkway in the dark and saw eyes up ahead, we stopped and in our lights we could see a black big cat , bigger than a dog. True story but nee fucker believes us
I believe it mate. Because I’ve seen it too around 7/8 years ago. Mrs and I saw it on a walk.

Im not talking lions or tigers but a few years ago me and my mate were cycling down castle Eden walkway in the dark and saw eyes up ahead, we stopped and in our lights we could see a black big cat , bigger than a dog. True story but nee fucker believes us

Aye I've mentioned before we were cycling that way before and near Wingate we saw something that looked like a puma or summit. Probably just a big moggie and the lie of the land played tricks on the eye but it certainly looked like that to us

The Durham Puma used to prowl around here for years.
Not seen it for a while though, so I expect it’s either deed or else moved on to SR6 for better picking.

About 25 years ago there was talk of a Puma roaming over the old pit heaps and fir trees , it was known as the Fishburn Puma strangely enough.
Was seen a few years back by a taxi driver waiting for a fare in the car park of the causey arch pub, a big black cat walked right in front of his cab in the headlights then ran off across cross the fields. pitch black up there.

Around 15 years ago there had been a load of sightings around Durham of a big cat roaming around. I lived out in Rowley past Consett at the time and was one of the many reasons I came back to live in Sunderland :oops: I had to walk home to Rowley from Lanchester one night too, absolute pitch black it was.

My mate says he saw one in the road near lanchester.

Big black cat he reckons.

(Qatar) A lass I work with was jogging along a local beach recently when she spotted a Lion up ahead. She stopped and walked rather than run in the opposite direction so as not to trigger its hunting instinct. It will have been some rich Qataris pet. A tiger was loose on one of the main roads here last year. Unsurprisingly it brought traffic to a standstill.

Think of all the animals you've ever heard about
Like rhinoceroses and tigers, cats and mink
There are lots of funny animals in all this world
But have you ever seen a panther that is pink?

Think!

A panther that is positively pink,

Well here he is, the pink panther,
The rinky-dink panther,
Isn't he a panther ever so pink?

He really is a groovy cat,
And what a gentleman, a scholar, what an acrobat!

Read more: Henry Mancini - The Pink Panther Theme Lyrics | MetroLyrics

He’s from Durham as well

While I was walking through Mowbray Park I'm sure I saw a big cat sitting on the fence near the museum. I think I also spotted a Walrus near the pond.

Back