Big Bash League

Been a bit one sided since the first couple of games. Lots of below par first innings scores and comfortable chases and one poor attempt at chasing a score that looked below par. Hope the close games return after the two day Christmas break.

I always follow the England players so for those like me here are ones that have been picked up:

Sydney Thunder - Jos Buttler
Brisbane - None
Hobart - Tom Curran and Tymal Mills
Melbourne Renegades - None but Nathan Rimmington for DCCC purposes
Melbourne Stars - Kevin Pietersen and Luke Wright
Perth - Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan and David Willey
Sydney Sixers - Jason Roy and Sam Billings
Adelaide - None

Can't believe Hales hasn't been picked up by anyone
Hobart for me, then. :cool:

Sorry JRoy, but I can't bring myself to support a side with a K*nt man in it.

That was a cracking knock from Buttler yesterday - 67 from 41 balls.

watching Adelaide Strikers v Brisbane Heat.
Strikers 26/1 after 4 overs

Sydney Thunder vs Hobart Hurricanes

Hurricanes managed 189/3 from their 20 overs. Thunder 34/0 after 4 overs chasing 190. Buttler currently 12 from 8

Tim David getting a lot of air time and coverage on BT this morning in his debut for the Perth Scorchers. He fell for the old song initiation as well according to Gilchrist :lol::lol:

Tim David getting a lot of air time and coverage on BT this morning in his debut for the Perth Scorchers. He fell for the old song initiation as well according to Gilchrist :lol::lol:

Pretty special that from Tim David. Great debut, hit his second ball for 6 down the ground. His knock was decisive in the win. Good lad

5 defeats from 5 for Sydney Sixers. They could only manage 111/8 from their 20 overs today
Roy in no form at all. He may be playing himself out of the England side if he doesn't improve.

On another note, I've been impressed with Buttlers keeping, looked very good to me (apart from one missed stumping where he missed the stumps after taking the ball:lol:).

Have to say there has been a lot of utter dross so far. One sided shite. Lots of low first innings scores easily chased down. At least it is whenever I watch it anyway.

Tom Curran was replaces by another British player in Mills but it's his West indian partner Joffra Archer who wants to play for the poms that a very good bowler 140-150km/s and has every batsman jumping, England have a good bowler if they can get him into the side

Bit of a hotstreak and poor buggar still cant get into a shield side, perhaps Durhams new import?
I noticed that like hasn't played much cricket for a 27 year old, we have already signed Nathan Rimmington as our overseas iirc.

Back