Big Bash League

Depends which teams have Yorkshire lads playing for them for me. When we had Gillespie coaching us and Rashid played for Adelaide I backed them. Perth had Willey and Bresnan last season and I believe Willey has signed for them again this year, so probably them again this year.

I always follow the England players so for those like me here are ones that have been picked up:

Sydney Thunder - Jos Buttler
Brisbane - None
Hobart - Tom Curran and Tymal Mills
Melbourne Renegades - None but Nathan Rimmington for DCCC purposes
Melbourne Stars - Kevin Pietersen and Luke Wright
Perth - Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan and David Willey
Sydney Sixers - Jason Roy and Sam Billings
Adelaide - None

Can't believe Hales hasn't been picked up by anyone

Just for the record Pietersen no longer has any connections to English cricket. As has been the case for the last few years, as long as Melbourne Stars don't win it I don't really mind. As a Yorkie I obviously want Bresnan and Willey to do well at Perth.

Surprised Adelaide haven't gone with Rashid again especially as he'll be over for the limited overs stuff with England. Perhaps Gillespie is planning to bring Will Beer over to have a look at him before he starts work at Sussex.

I just spent 20 snots to watch the Ashes on me phone and telly via the Cricket Australia app and I think it covers the BBL too. Needs a VPN though.

Edit - no it doesn't

Last edited:
Fuck sake the Ashes references are already doing my nut in. Expected it tbh and really going to try not to let it spoil my enjoyment of the tournament.

Back