Cirkin
Neil
O'nien
Pritchard
Amad
Stewart
Clarke

Roberts, Jobe, Ekwah, Alese, Gooch, Huggins, Broadhead

Just a little bit of ambition and we could have been lining up like this.
(Yes I know players are injured)

Batth can’t get a game for Norwich and is no better than O’Nien or Ballard

😀😀
Gooch had his arse ripped out by Clarke a few weeks ago. Nowhere near good enough for top half championship.

so in a disorganised Stoke side one of the best players in the divison rips Gooch one.

Have you not seen the last few games of ours? Have you seen the likes of Hjelde playing at left back or Seelt try to play at centre back so far?

As much as Gooch had limitations there are reasons we are slipping down the league and currently we're just in the top half of the Championship. Most players signed over the last year aren't good enough either.

Last edited:
So people are saying that playoff team - but two years later - are better than the current team we have?

I mean, that's quite a different take...

Pretty much, I don't think anyone really expects McGeady to be playing, some might.

I wouldn't exactly say it's a million miles better mind but the fact it's a League One team is a bit of a problem. It's the Geldhart / Stewart / Broadhead vs Hemir / Burstow / Rusyn that's the breaker for me though, uncomparable, as crap as Geldhart was he's still 10x better than what we've got now imo.

Doyle vs Ballard
Batth
vs Seelt
Gooch vs Ba
McGeady vs Bellingham
Prichard
vs Dack
Broadhead vs Rusyn
Geldhart vs Burstow
Stewart vs Hemir

Going off the players in the OP, I'd argue that's the comparison and other than Ballard and Bellingham I'd take 5 of those over what we've got. Selling Stewart was good business, but Hemir is a waste. Some of them aren't very good mind, but the alternative is just worse. Other than that, the squad is identical give or take, other than Ekwah.

Last edited:
Stewart
Mcgeady
Broadhead
Baath
Doyle
Wright
Gooch

Walk into our team.
Only Stewart a guaranteed starter. Briadhead is a good option but in the same position as clarke; maybe doyle at
his age now but not when he was playing for us. The rest are on the bench at best.

Mcgeady understudy for Clarke.
Bath understudy for Ballard
Wright puts pressure on ONein but isn't an automatic starter. Likewise Doyle.
Gooch doesn't get in ahead of Hume, Clarke or roberts

Only Stewart a guaranteed starter. Briadhead is a good option but in the same position as clarke; maybe doyle at
his age now but not when he was playing for us. The rest are on the bench at best.

Mcgeady understudy for Clarke.
Bath understudy for Ballard
Wright puts pressure on ONein but isn't an automatic starter. Likewise Doyle.
Gooch doesn't get in ahead of Hume, Clarke or roberts
For me the players listed should be compared to who as come in.
Hume, Clarke, Roberts, O'nien all played in the same squad.

Hemir, Rusyn, Ba, Dack, Hejlde, Seelt, Triantis, Jobe, etc.....is who they should be compared with.
Other than Jobe and possibly Ekwah it's a pretty poor list.

Back