Better team on league one

The play-off team would have mullered the team we have now..

#progression
Only because Neil is a better manager.
Stewart
Broadhead
Baath
Doyle

All at teams above us in the pyramid.
that is such a reductive way to look at it.

Norwich have been below us a lot this season, does that mean Batth wouldn’t have got into our team but he would they’ve flipped over us?

Him and Doyle have just over 10 full games between them all season. It’s not they’re anything to do with their team’s league position

Last edited:
Only because Neil is a better manager.

that is such a reductive way to look at it.

Norwich have been below us a lot this season, does that mean Batth wouldn’t have got into our team but he would they’ve flipped over us?

Him and Doyle have just over 10 full games between them all season. It’s not they’re anything to do with their team’s league position
No it's because they're at better teams than us.

League one…

Patto
Hume Doyle Baath cirkin
Dan Neil pritchard
Roberts Broadhead clarke
Stewart

Vs

Patto
Hume Ballard o9 cirkin
Neil ekwah
Roberts ba clarke
Rusyn

I reckon that’s the best 11 from both, I know who I’d fancy mind and it’s certainly isn’t the current lot.
That’s pretty conclusive and damning.

Stewart - crocked
Mcgeady - retired and passed it
Broadhead - loan
Baath - debatable
Doyle - loan
Wright - if he was that good why did he end up in Singapore?
Gooch - agreed, but would he have gotten a game ahead of Hume?

Walk into our team.

Well one out of seven isn’t bad I suppose.

A very simple fact that 'the playoff team are better' brigade don't seem to want to take into account. Neil and Clarke were subs for that game.

The same fact that the 'playoff team is worse' brigade don't want to take into account. No-one mentioned they wanted that team as it was then. Broadhead, in particular, has gone on miles aswell.

The team is not better in terms of personnel since that team, much much worse in some positions.

Patterson / Hume - Doyle - O'Nien - Cirkin / Evans / Roberts - Neil - Clarke / Pritchard / Broadhead is much better than the best team we could put out now if ignoring injuries which is a problem for both teams hence crap like Seelt and Ba are currently playing. Gooch, McGeady and Batth would be nowhere near the first team of either.

Last edited:
The same fact that the 'playoff team is worse' brigade don't want to take into account. No-one mentioned they wanted that team as it was then. Broadhead, in particular, has gone on miles aswell.

The team is not better in terms of personnel since that team, much much worse in some positions.

Patterson / Hume - Doyle - O'Nien - Cirkin / Evans / Roberts - Neil - Clarke / Pritchard / Broadhead is much better than the best team we could put out now if ignoring injuries which is a problem for both teams hence crap like Seelt and Ba are currently playing. Gooch, McGeady and Batth would be nowhere near the first team of either.

So people are saying that playoff team - but two years later - are better than the current team we have?

I mean, that's quite a different take...

Would you have jobe styles or Rigg ahead of Broadhead?

Who would you have ahead of Stewart? Who plays instead of pritch?

Man for man the first 11 named is better than the secondS
Personally (With everyone fit) i'd have played 5-2-3 this season.

Patterson.
Hume.
Cirkin.
Ballard.
O'Nien.
Alese.
Neil.
Ekwah.
Bellingham.
Rusyn.
Clarke.

When on the attack, Hume and Cirkin pushing on from the flanks, O'Nien pushing into midfield allowing Neil and Ekwah to get forward more which they both prefer.

And don't forget, this is one Division higher than your team.

Back