Better Call Saul - Series 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohh that's very devious and entirely possible of course. Lots of rumours going around that Aaron Paul was going to make an appearance in this series - but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Same here - and my memory's not helping either- although at some point I might start rewatching it.
There's a few websites that go through all the Easter eggs they've put into the show from BB. Some are obvious (tequila)some not ( Kim wearing sweatshirt of uni Saul has diploma on wall from) I enjoy them.

I didn't even pick up on that. Been a few people on this thread noticing things like that, but it's been a good few years since I watched BB so I don't notice the subtle things.

Yea it's the one where he comes over the border then puts the ice cream he's ate in the sand with the Spanish writing on.

There's a few websites that go through all the Easter eggs they've put into the show from BB. Some are obvious (tequila)some not ( Kim wearing sweatshirt of uni Saul has diploma on wall from) I enjoy them.

It's the same uni that he got it from for working at HHM that's why Chuck never appreciated it as he thought he took the easy route doing a distance learning degree rather than a recognised law school.

Makes me think he fights it and doesn't get disbarred as if he was disbarred he wouldn't be able to be Saul

Last edited:
But would Saul be able to use Jimmy's qualifications? At some stage, for some reason, he changed his name and made a fresh start.

Changed name by deed poll for the Jewish lawyer look. Would mean he still keeps his qualifications which he must as the Uni he applied through in BCS is the same one as BB.

Unless he gets barred changes his name by deed poll using a different name and re-sits the bar test but I'm not sure about that as he is in the same city and has his face plastered all over bus stops etc so lawyers who know him may raise an issue.

Changed name by deed poll for the Jewish lawyer look. Would mean he still keeps his qualifications which he must as the Uni he applied through in BCS is the same one as BB.

Unless he gets barred changes his name by deed poll using a different name and re-sits the bar test but I'm not sure about that as he is in the same city and has his face plastered all over bus stops etc so lawyers who know him may raise an issue.
Chuck will kick the bucket when just about to deliver his evidence

Chuck will kick the bucket when just about to deliver his evidence

You could be right with that one like mate!

Chuck dies therefor can't give evidence press charges but the story is well known in law circles so Jimmy can't get into another firm and Kim doesn't want to work with him anymore as the McGill name is now tainted with Jimmy being the only one.

Maybe he tries to go on his own but no legit people will want him representing him so he thinks fuck the lot of you changes his name to Saul Goodman and becomes as we know in BB.

Then it's all good man with Saul Goodman

Well I"ve been googling like an idiot and can't find anything sensible to explain away how Jimmy can practice as Saul - unless, as suggested, he changes his name. I have read that in the 90s in New Mexico to practice law you would have had to go to a Uni rather than get a degree online (which you probably can do now). So, it seems that the writers aren't strictly keeping to what's legally possible anyway. He will have to win his case, of course, to keep his licence. I did find this:

And for everyone wondering when Jimmy McGill will finally become Saul Goodman, Odenkirk had some reassuring words.

“It’s gonna happen, not the way you expect it to,” he said.
:?::lol:

Well I"ve been googling like an idiot and can't find anything sensible to explain away how Jimmy can practice as Saul - unless, as suggested, he changes his name. I have read that in the 90s in New Mexico to practice law you would have had to go to a Uni rather than get a degree online (which you probably can do now). So, it seems that the writers aren't strictly keeping to what's legally possible anyway. He will have to win his case, of course, to keep his licence. I did find this:

And for everyone wondering when Jimmy McGill will finally become Saul Goodman, Odenkirk had some reassuring words.

“It’s gonna happen, not the way you expect it to,” he said.
:?::lol:
Suggests an accidental circumcision ;)

Is there a 4th series?

Things are moving quite quickly to the BB scenario

Suggests an accidental circumcision ;)

Is there a 4th series?

Things are moving quite quickly to the BB scenario
I'd imagine there will be another series as it seems to be liked by critics etc. Plus, the writers enjoy the character. And I'm sure they'll get a bit more mileage. I hope so.

As much as I hate having to wait one week to see the next episode, it's nice to be able to discuss each episode too.

I'd imagine there will be another series as it seems to be liked by critics etc. Plus, the writers enjoy the character. And I'm sure they'll get a bit more mileage. I hope so.

As much as I hate having to wait one week to see the next episode, it's nice to be able to discuss each episode too.
Nearing the end of Fargo series 2 and things are starting to run dry for me

Tried orange is the new black and while there were tits within the first 5 mins it didn't happen for me :lol: She's annoying

It's slower than bb, but to suggest Jimmy is not like in bb isn't true.

Nearing the end of Fargo series 2 and things are starting to run dry for me

Tried orange is the new black and while there were tits within the first 5 mins it didn't happen for me :lol: She's annoying
Have you seen Mad Men and Boardwalk? Both as good or better than BB imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back